Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowering springs

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  AirForce1136 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of an 08 LTZ with lowering springs? I was thinking about getting them if there are any out there, but I don't want my Bu to look ridiculous. Just a little more sporty and aggressive. Thanks

#4 ·
the malibu from SEMA was dropped using Eibach springs for a solstice, which is the same as a skyy. Also, the malibu is on the same chassis and suspension design as a CTS, therefor making simple parts such as Eibach drop coils interchangable with the Malibu.

I work at a chevy dealership in service, and own one, and have owned bagged and bodydropped vehicles before so I know suspensions. I'm actually going to juice my malibu, so I'll have the lowest and cut it up to tuck 22's in the fenders :)

#5 ·
Oy...I can't believe anyone would somehow think the CTS and Malibu share anything except for being GM vehicles. One is RWD, the other is FWD. Both have COMPLETELY different platforms and suspension designs front and rear.

The day the Epsilon based Malibu is on the RWD Sigma platform of the CTS is not one anyone will ever see, so this is a bit of confused information.

You can definitely lower a Malibu and, I believe, CORRECT springs for the Epsilon chassis at least via the G6 (that is the same platform, wheelbase, etc.) can be had easily, but not via pieces from RWD vehicles that are 100% different underneath.

#6 ·
I'm really looking for some sway/strut bars to eliminate the body roll and add to the handling....if anyone knows where I can get that I would apreciate the info.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Hmm... Interesting, I may have to look into that.

#11 ·
Re: Lowering springs for New Malibus

:)The Eibach set are your best bet. This will give you a 1.4" drop and perform much better. If you are going to this much trouble it would be best to upgrade struts/shocks at the same time using KYB products. You will be happy with the handling but please be aware this is a 'performance' setup and will ride firmer. Both websites will direct you to the proper components. Where you get them is up to you...

I use similar items on my 99 and am very impressed.:D Cornering improved dramatically but a lot of that is due to the 18" KDWs.

Too bad so many jumped in with random data when the proper items are easily located. Why should anyone care what random parts for some other chassis 'may' work properly when respected experts in the industry already have a proper solution?:confused: Come on guys, it took less than 5 minutes to find at least one positive solution to this gentlemans query - grow up!:cool:

#14 ·
I think the Eibach springs drop it 1.2 inches..... which is perfect for it.... there will be little or no wheel gap depending on if you keep stock rims or slightly bigger size :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.