Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

K&N Air Filter?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nighthawk-24 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew what the HP increase is from installing a K&N air filter alone. I know that they don't have the CAI out yet for the 08 and newer models. I was just wondering what kind of increases I could expect from this cheap upgrade on the 3.6 L. I am just trying to find a relatively cheap way to squeeze 10-15 HP out of the motor to get it up to the 08 CTS/ 07 Enclave/07 Acadia...etc power of about 263 HP instead of the 252 on the Bu. Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I would not turn down the K&N filter, but you're looking at about 5hp increase...max.

Personally, a cold-air would be the best option and the wait will be more than worth it. I plan to invest in one for my 2.4L once it is released.

#3 ·
If you are looking to find HP - I don't think you will see much if any with the airfilter only. the 3.5L is only suppose to give you 5-6 HP with the complete intake done.
As for the filter only, the Amsoil filters are cheaper, last longer, and have a higher airflow with better filtering. Just a fan, but check them out online at Amsoil.com

my two cents,

Graham
04 Maxx

#6 ·
Thanks...if anything I'll at least wait for the intake to be released. I read on a different thread that the only difference between the 252 Malibu and the 263 CTS is flash programing. Is that true? I am sure that would be a much more expensive modification.
I will also check out the Amsoil info...Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.