Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Eco - Extended Warranty (GM Protection - Major Guard)

12K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
I am glad to join the Malibu community and look forward to learning from you all on this forum. I just purchased a 2013 Malibu Eco and have been strongly considering the purchase of the GM Protection - Major Guard.
1. Do you think that a warranty is worthwile?
2. What is a good price? For a 60 month/100000 mile $0 deductible plan I was quoted $2,430.

#2 ·
My wife bought the 2013 ECO this past Saturday. We got a 72 month 90000 bumper to bumper plus gap insurance GM Major Guard for around $1600. Had to play awhile to get it at that price. The car is totally awesome coming from a 2007 Yukon. Should save at least $200 per month between monthly payment and fuel savings.

#8 ·
Negotiated with the dealer. Gap insurance makes up the difference between payoff and actual value in the event of an accident where the vehicle is totalled.
I found that I can get an 84 mo./84,000 mile $0 deduct. Major Guard for about $1700. Since the mileage and time clock doesn't start until I purchase the protection plan and new car pricing can be had until 12,000 miles, I am going to purchase the protection at around 11,000 miles so that it will effectively give me coverage until 95,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.