Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reset homelink and bluetooth?

42K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Richard 
#1 ·
Not sure this is in the right area but here it goes. I am trading my car in for the lemon law on Tuesday and I am wondering how do I clear the garage door opener buttons and the phone bluetooth? Thanks

#4 ·
The instructions for deleting paired phones is on page 4-75 of the owners manual. Just hold the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready. Say Bluetooth. After you hear Bluetooth Ready, say delete. It will prompt you for the phone(s) to delete.

Remember to delete all your stored phone numbers as well. (See page 4-78) To do this, press the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready, then say "Delete All Nametags". The system will ask for a confirmation before they are deleted.

Are you getting another Malibu? FYI - If you're getting a 2011, you won't be able to get homelink. It was discontinued for 2011.

What was the problem with your current model?

#5 ·
Thanks

The issue with the old one was that the headliner rattled so bad that it sounded like it was falling apart. Started doing it the day after we bought it. Now almost a year later we are going to have to pay 1400 for using the car while they pissed around trying to fix it.

We are getting another 2010 got pics up and a post on it already.

#8 ·
Hi. On my 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ, the bluetooth function is now OFF - when I hold the button down for 2 seconds or more, it does not come on saying READY - it just turn the radio OFF. At the same time, the ONSTAR function is gone - I called them twice to send me a signal to open the doors (for I forgot the keys in the trunk), and they couldn't open it, saying the vehicle doesn't respond. I suspect the ONSTAR and BLUETOOTH are connected, but not sure how. and certainly I don't know how to fix it. Any idea? I am off the original manufacturer warranty, but I bought extended warranty with another company (for 100,000 miles). Not sure they cover the bluetooth and onstar. The onstar subscription is still ON until February 2011.
Can you help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.