Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XM Radio Reception

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  malibudragon 
#1 ·
My XM radio seems to drop out once in a while. At the end of my road when I make a turn I can count on it dropping out. What upsets me though is we took the car on a trip to Vermont and it was dropping out for 30 seconds at a time. If you are listening to talk radio, that is a long time.

#2 ·
Mine drops out due to the high trees on my road. Your antenna needs to have an unrestricted line of site to the satellite. If your in a wide open place and it still drops you may have to take it in and have it looked at.

#4 ·
The Satelite reception isnt the greatest on mine. Usually cut out on Hills. And certain spots due to Trees.
Does anyone know if you can buy just one channel on XM? I only listened to XM8. And its not worth it for me to buy the Whole Package.
Escapemax

#5 ·
No, you can't. It's all XM or no XM.

That said, the XM in my G6 seems to flicker out quite a bit more than in our Malibu, at least when near any kind of restriction. Patches of trees and even parking at work, pulling up to the 2 story building, which is weird. In the Malibu it has stayed on, only flickering in the most covered areas.

#6 ·
I'm not sure if you have a sunroof, but opening this tends to interfere with the XM antenna and cause poor reception.

Also, cities have repeaters (so that you don't lose the signal in concrete canyons.) You'll tend to get better reception in cities because of this. I still get reception in the steel and concrete basement parking structure at my office, but as soon as I pull into my wooden garage at home in the country, I loose reception. This has been the case with all of my satellite equipped vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.