Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XM Radio Discount

87K views 284 replies 101 participants last post by  typhoon 
#1 ·
I just received my third phone call from the folks at XM Radio. They were offering some expensive renewal package. I know that others, from another Forum, are getting XM for $77 a year. I told them to forget it unless I could get it for the same and I did.

Also, never give them a credit card number, ask them to bill you. They will automatically renew you at a higher rate if they have your credit card information. I know of some who are on their third year at this rate.

I know that many of us will be up for renewal as our trial period is running out, so heed this information and save a few bucks. :)

#2 ·
Wow - thank you very much PizzaMan. So the third phone call you laid it on the line and offered what you would be willing to pay. I was going to say no to the renewal; but, at that price the answer will be yes.

#4 ·
I have had Sirius (1 year subscriptions) for 3 years now and also I have the 3 month trial of XM until June - my question - will I be able to transfer my Sirius over to XM as I do not want to carry both radios, nor pay for both.....

#6 ·
Thanks for the tip. I told a coworker who got a CTS a little while ago about this. His trial was almost up so he called XM and said he heard that there was a promotion for $77 a year and to send him the bill and it all worked out just fine for him.

#10 ·
I bought a package that my dealer told me about, he hooked me up with a special package for first time buyers that cost me 68.00 for an additional 1 year subscription,so I have 15 months total,and he said after a year to go see him again and he could probably do it again.I already had a subscription with XM for a portable radio I installed in my HHR and at home a Roady XT,I like to listen to the Bruins and Red Sox.I don`t know if this deal is in Canada only,but talk to your dealer about it,they have a special code the give XM for this deal

#11 ·
There are plenty of deals around, I'm sure. The $77 deal was the one I was sure about at the time. I wish my dealer had mentioned the extended time offer you mention. Then, I wouldn't have had to play the game. Maybe it is a Canadian only promotion.

#13 · (Edited)
In comparison $6.42 a month ($77/12) is not bad considering the eariler monthly rates. However you can still get dozens of free AM/FM stations without much of a hassle. I've never owned a car with Sat radio yet. I'll try out the free subscription when my M'bu comes in. Is the $77/yr a 1 or 2 yr contract deal?

One of my friends has recently gone past his free months with XM in a new toyota. He is considering dropping it because some stations are begining to add in short commercials. Unfortunately they've already got his credit card info. This sounds like cable TV all over again.

DrD

#17 ·
The 3 month trial is available in Canada,and like I said before ask your salesman to hook you up for the 1 year subscription at 68.00,he has a code he gives XM and your all set.

#18 ·
Hello, I have some details concerning the XM & Sirius merger. First of all, I am a Sirius shareholder and I follow up on the merger news everyday. You will not lose XM broadcasting, however, if the merger is approved by the FCC, you will not be able to get all of Sirius on your XM radio. After the merger, they are expecting about a year for the new receivers to come out to be able to accept both signals. However, as far as I understand, you will be able to get specific Sirius channels on XM, such as Howard Stern etc. The merger has been approved by the Department of Justice, and is waiting for approval from the FCC, which is expected any day now. The FCC has never ruled against a DOJ approval over a merger, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

#31 ·
For the past 2 weeks I have been getting calls from XM but nobody had left a message on my phone here at work - so today I called and said that my 3 month trial will be up in June and I would like the $77 promotional rate that I've heard about. After about 15 minutes of haggling with the woman she finally caved in and gave me the $77/month discount rate - hooray for that! The reg rate is like $12.95/month - you got to be kidding me!

Eric

#34 ·
yeah, we did the same thing, we were going to cancel after XM lost Nascar, then the operator gave in with the low price offer. of course we took it, i could care less about Nascar, the XM receiver was given to me, great deal!! one word of advise, hold out for an even better deal!!! you never know unless you ask!?!

#38 ·
I just got off the phone with XM. This is the first time they called regarding extending my subscription past the 3 month free trial. They offered 3 months at $6.99 per month but I told her I knew a lot of other Chevy owners who were able to get a year for $77. She said she didn't know about that offer but she would check with her supervisor. She came back on about 30 seconds later and gave me the $77 deal. It did cost me an extra $2 to be invoiced instead of putting it on my credit card which Pizza Man suggested in his first post. It was really easy getting this price. No hassle or arguing, just ask. Thanks Pizza Man for saving me some $$$$. I knew joining this forum was going to be worthwhile I just didn't realize it would pay off so soon.

#40 ·
Thanks Pizza Man for saving me some $$$$.
Thanks Pizza Man!
I'm glad it's working out for everyone. Please note, I know of some who are on their third year at this price. You just need to be persistent. That's also why you don't want to give them your CC number, they'll auto-bill you next year at the full rate.

#39 ·
I finally got my call.

They asked how I liked the service and I said it was just ok. They asked if I would be interested in subscribing. I then said I heard there was a deal for $77 a year and I would only be interested in that. The operator put me on hold for 10 seconds and came back and said ok. She then asked for my credit card info and I said just send me a bill. She then said there was a $2 invoice fee and if I paid with a card now I would avoid the fee. I said the fee was fine and to send me the bill and then she confirmed my address and we ended the call.

Thanks Pizza Man!

#41 ·
Pizza Man - Great work....This is what makes forums so valuable.

Now - Quick question to the rest of the board....Anyone from Canada renew yet? I am guess a $77/a year program may or may not work for us here in Canada....Just wondering if any Canadians have renewed yet.

#43 · (Edited)
I used the Promo Code ZWINBACK (say it like it sounds) on the phone to renew XM in our Saturn Outlook in May for the $77 deal. They checked with their supervisor and gave it to me. if they ask if you got a postcard with that code, just say "yes".

#48 ·
Thank you, Pizza Man!

I was able to cancel my '2-year subscription' ($271.95, payment via credit card) and replace it with a $77 1-year subscription (payment via invoice).

The entire 'transaction' was very time consuming, but painless. After being told by a 'rep' I was not eligible for the "$77 promo special", I requested a cancellation of my current service (service ending 06/20), and was then 'sent' to the 'cancellation department'. There, it was determined I "could not afford" the XM service with the '2-year package deal', and I was offered the $77 per year price.

So, I'm happy, and will be able to continue listening to the Channel 28 Broadway Show tunes for the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.