Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear Deck Rattle.....

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  yungweelay 
#1 ·
Ok, I hate to add another problem to the forum, but it's relatively minor. I noticed that when I go over bumps, no matter the size, there is a rattle on the rear deck. When I checked it, I was knocking on it (around the speakers and the sunshade) and found it on the passenger side, on the rear C pillar. It seems that the plastic (in my car it's gray like the headliner) is rubbing/vibrating against the rear deck. I'm guessing some kind of felt would quiet it down, or I might take it to the dealer when I get the oil changed.

Anybody else notice that?

#7 ·
I'm dying to know, what did you do to fix it. It's starting to get worse and is rattling my nerves.....no pun intended.....!

#8 ·
Same rattle here. 2010 Malibu lt. Should be able to fix by adding subs type of sound deadening. You would have to take off the rear deck which is a pain but can be done. While your at it might as well dynamat the rear deck and rear side pillars if you plan on upgrading your 6x9's or sound system. Trust me you won't want to have to take that deck of again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.