Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new 2012 Malibu LS

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  JSHous 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I'm due to get my first Malibu....first Chevy.....first GM car. I've been looking all over central Florida and this one seems to be just what I'm after. Still under factory warranty....clean CarFax. I'll post some pictures. Anyone have a favorite car wax? I've heard Klasse is good and Souveran terrific...but that one's pricey. Stay tuned.

#2 ·
Welcome to the CMF and the Chevy family.

#3 · (Edited)
So I got this today...it's a 2012 w/ 14,439 miles. Very pleased. The dealer was about 90 mins away....so I did have a good opty to drive it coming back. Very, very pleased with my first impressions of this car. Couldn't ask for nicer. --JH

Attachments

#5 ·
Nice car! It's the same year and color and as mine. You might want to be careful when parking it like in your photo. The low front end clearance is one of the few things i don't like about this car. It will "bottom out" when parked this way! Anyone else experience this problem?

#7 ·
I've already noticed this. A piece of the front end...the fiberglass that goes all the way down....is torn....exactly from doing what you describe. Some previous driver got too close to a curb and kissed something....it ripped the fiberglass and then I bought it. Now this is not a deal-breaker by any stretch....but something to be aware of as you say... John Houston

#6 ·
Quite a few times until I learned how to judge where the front was in relation to those darned stop blocks!

#8 ·
Nice car,like the color.Never really noticed how low the front of these malibus are,I'm gonna have to take extra care when parking it.

#11 ·
This is the one I wanted....I wanted a 12 because I would get the most remaining factory warranty. I can do without the leather on the steering wheel and seat trim. And I liked the wheels that came on this model compared to the 1LT and higher trim levels. I was looking for something as new as possible ~ and this fit the bill. I'll get some bells and whistles next time. My wife has an old Mustang that we'll be looking to get rid of. I want to see what the new Impala looks like - - in person.

#12 · (Edited)
I put a first coat of wax on this car today. I was hoping to use the new Eagle 1 Gel Wax that's had some good reviews...but could not find it at the auto parts store. So I used Meguires Gold Class liquid. I've used lots of Meguires stuff and I like their products... Since I keep my car garaged, I'm hoping this will last two months or so...but something tells me I'll be waxing this one more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.