Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Add Nav to 2013?

16K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SeaRay245se 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 3LT Malibu that came with just about everything but the navigation. It obviously has GPS already to the touch screen as I can see gas station near me etc... Can the maps or nav system just be added to the mylink system as an upgrade?

#3 ·
Yes, I've seen those. However, it seems silly to pay that much and replace the entire touch screen when the GPS is already hooked into it. More interested in if a simple GM upgrade (software) will do the trick since all the working parts are in place.

#4 ·
Yea the cost is pretty silly but those don't replace the touchscreen. They are adding igo navigation to it. You press and hold the mute button to get to the navigation screen.

Keep in mind if you use the factory navigation it is about $200 each time for yearly updates.

#6 ·
Never heard of navigation through Pandora which is just a music app but Chevy does have plans to incorporate the BringGo navigation app into the MyLink radios in 2013 Sonics and Sparks. You will download the app onto your phone and use it similar to how you use the Pandora and Stitcher apps on your phone with your MyLink radio now.

I also wish Chevy would make our MyLink radios upgradeable to at least allow new apps to work with it.
You are at least luckier than I am. The earlier MyLink radios like mine do not include the ability to see gas prices, movies etc.

#7 ·
Yup mine must me the earlier one also because i don't have gas and movie stuff on it either and for them kinda prices for nav and upgrades and stuff i think I'll stick with my 150 dollar Garmin with lifetime map upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.