Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedals Locked Up When Car is in Reverse

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
So I went to UPS today to drop off a package, and when I got back in my car I started it up as normally, and put it in reverse. When i let go of the brake pedal nothing happened, so I checked to see what gear I was on. I saw it was on Reverse so I tried pressing brakes because I felt like car was inching backwards slowly.

When I attempted to press the Brakes it was locked. Pedal would not suppress for whatever reason but the car was on and stuck in reverse. I quickly put car to Park and attempted to press brakes and move the gear shifter to reverse again but nothing was working at all. I doubled checked the car was on by turning the key and it was DEFINITELY ON!!

Turned car off and on again and it was working fine? This happen to anyone else? Its a 2008 2LT 4-cylinder.

Made appointment with dealership tomorrow to see what is wrong with it. Still under warranty.

#3 ·
Hi Michelle,

I went to my dealer and had them look at it. They said they couldn't find any error codes so they gave me the car back, but I insisted they keep it longer to go through it thoroughly because I don't want this to happen again. So I'm going to bring it back in again after the Holiday weekend.

#4 ·
Dear Sarge,

Thank you for the update. I look forward to reading any updates that you would like to share with me about your next visit to the dealership.

Please, keep in mind that you can take your vehicle to another General Motors service department for a second opinion if you would like.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.