Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom Malibu Logo on 09 bu! (PICS)

11K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  malibudragon 
#1 ·
New Matching Bu Logos and emblem made out of Chrome vinyl and placed next to the GM badge on the front doors of my 09 bu.. They look sooo much better in person, the chrome vinyl really pops and the old skool font goes well with the car.. It was getting dark so I will get some better pics soon! :D

See less See more
#10 ·
Agreed. It might also look good with the Malibu badge on the C-pillar like the Impala badge.

#11 ·
Hmmm...not a fan. All for different, but I think there are better ways than a decal logo on your clean, molding free side doors.

Possible you could make some Malibu Forum logos, of course smaller, out of that abundance of chrome vinyl, instead?:)

#13 ·
Yup I sure can.. I've been trying to think of sizing and where to put the forum logos at / font and that sort of thing.

I had thought about redoing the malibu logos and even taking off my GM badges

#12 ·
I kind of like it, but not the emblem. I have never been a fan of it, to tell you guys the truth. Reminds me of the last generation that placed it in the grille (like the Monte Carlos).

I have considered purchasing another set of letters that say "MALIBU" like on our trunks and installing both sets where the GM emblems are, and removing the GM badge. But maybe the old style will be more appreciated there instead of emblems.

Seriously, I may be your most appreciated customer on this site :D Oh, and reply to my PM.

#14 ·
I like it. custom mods to a car speaks of personal pride and a desire to stand out above the rest. I'm really looking forward to what others come up with to make their ride different. More so what kind of upgrades and add on's we are going to see from the after market companies for this car.

#15 ·
Thanks Red! I agree,

And for an update I was at a gas station the other day and got compliments on them. Another bu owner was filling up as well and wondered why his didnt have those :D

I still plan on changing it up a bit. I think im going to debadge the entire car and redo those logo's again.

#20 ·
looks like something a 16 year old kid would do IMO...

you can qualify your cheesy vinyl all you want with your tons of compliments you've gotten, but it sounds like you're just trying to justify it to us...

if you like it, that's all that matters... just expect that some of us aren't going to...

#25 · (Edited)
Of course not everyone is going to like them.. I'm not trying to justify to anyone. I like them and I have gotten compliments on them One from the same gen Malibu owner wondering why his didn't come with those. The fact that "my cheesy vinyl" makes me money is enough justification to like them and be proud to show them off. Just my .02

#21 ·
In my opinion, getting rid of that awkward GM Emblem would make it look a whole much more sleek and refined.

#34 ·
That one looks really good.. I should be able to take that and make it a vector to cut into vinyl.

I will be at the shop this weekend getting some other orders done so I will play around with that design and see what i can come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.