Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 Chevy Malibu BCM Fuses location, number and diagram help

31K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  microo1234 
#1 ·
2002 Chevy Malibu where and which fuses are for the BCM. Where can I get a BCM schematic or wiring diagram

BCM has some issue. Car starts. Most things controlled by the BCM don't work. Not working are Fuel and temperature. The left idiot lights stay on (service soon, air bag, seat belt, brake) right idiot lights stay out, door jar, battery, the others. Not working Interior lights, truck release, door locks, more. Any ideals?

#2 ·
Thread moved from Gen7 area.

Please watch where you post...

#3 ·
Update, The ignition switch and key were replaced. New issue though. Finding a bad fuse and replacing it, fuse for fp inj, fuel pump working again. NEW problem - seems BCM has some issue. Car starts. Most things controlled by the BCM don't work. Not working are Fuel and temperature gauges. The left idiot lights stay on (service soon, air bag, seat belt, brake) right idiot lights stay out, door jar, battery, the others. Not working Interior lights, truck release, door locks, more. all fuse related to BCM , in main fuse panel and driver door fuse panel are good. Connection to the BCM are good. Air conditioner compressor, and radiator cooling fans not running too add to the list, yet car start and runs down the road pretty good. All BCM fuses that I can identify and find are good. IS there a master fuse or relay for the BCM? Is there a fuse inside the BCM? Does the master computer control any of these functions, see messages above. Any and mean any help would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Inst lps = instrument lamps. To apply power to the fuse you need to turn on the running lamps.

#6 ·
Thanks I figured that one out. The rest of the problems still exist. Could be anything. Not working are Fuel and temperature gauges. The left idiot lights stay on (service soon, air bag, seat belt, brake) right idiot lights (door jar, battery the others) stay out except check engine (which cycles from on to off). Not working are Interior lights, truck release, door locks, more. Air conditioner compressor, and radiator cooling fans not running. All fuses I can find are good. Have tested some relay by switching them. Car starts and runs. Anyone???

#7 ·
Disconnect battery, disconnect BCM, unplug/replug at least three times, reconnect holding bolt, reconnect battery.

See if it's just fretting of the contacts.

RwP

#8 ·
I have removed BCM and disconnected three times. Removed PCM and checked connects there as well. Checked all fuses again, all have power on but sides of fuses, except fuses that require ing switch on. With Ing switch on the others have power. Can power up cooling fans and AC clutch by jumping relays. Any other ideals are welcome.

#9 ·
Ok I took it to the dealer, that was a mistake!!! Here what's changed. The fans do come on when reaches temperature. AC, which work fine 3 days ago, now has no freon. Dash gauges are instrument cluster (failure) not communicating with computer. Well after hearing that just the cluster repair would cost $570 dollars, I paid the $209.50 bill got in my car and left. That was an expense partial diagnoses. BTW, the ECM tested good. So what still not diagnosed is trunk release, interior light, automatic headlights, door lock, mirrors. Sp anyone got any ideals?

#10 ·
After doing some thinking and finding the diagrams to all the systems, I found that all problems related and involved the BCM. So bad BCM. I did something that must not have been tried. I found a BCM (with almost the same marking as mine) on ebay and purchased it for $25. I got it in a couple day. I put it in and all my problems went away, except one. Car won't start, but after doing the password key reset (10 minute wait) it started and has been running. So obviously since these BCM was very close, they must use only part on the VIN in the code. One problem that did arise from the change is the radio became locked. I found away today to cut a trace in the radio to make it work. So I'm back in business, with my fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.