Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onstar Failure

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TMoneyR523 
#1 ·
My 2010 Malibu 2LT with less than 3800 miles has had a failure of the OnStar feature. We were notified by OnStar of the issue and scheduled an appointment. Dealer has kept the car now for nearly a week waiting for the OnStar component to be shipped to them. No promise date for return of car. Have contacted GM Chevrolet Customer service and expressed my extreme displeasure with this auto. Of note, have had the car back twice for air bag failures. If anyone has email addresses for GM executives, I'd like to have them to express my displeasure with the car and lack of faith in the auto.

#3 ·
If you get the car back and your blue onstar button works, you can talk to someone, but can't get directions downloaded, I havea few things you might want to try as this happened to me --

Can we get more detail all around though? What happened with the airbag, had you removed the bumper or bumped anything or played with the a pillars at all? Or just a daily driver and you havent done much of anything eventful and continual problems.

Sorry to hear about this, anyway you slice it though.

If you give some constructive feedback I have a few onstar execs you can email, I had to climb the ladder myself before a solution was reached but got a free extra year (to Jan 2011 instead of Jan 2010) on my Jan 2009, 2009 Malibu LS of the diresctions and connections.

#4 ·
I don't see why the dealer would have to keep your car while the part is on order. The car should be drivable even if there is an OnStar malfunction. I would be bitching at the dealer.

#6 ·
First of all, if it's a matter of ordering a part, there's no reason to hold your car for a week. You can certainly live without Onstar until the part comes in. I can't understand why they would put your car out of service waiting for an Onstar component to come in. That makes no sense.

#7 ·
Definitely make use of the warranty rental reimbursement if you got a rental if the dealership didn't provide you with a loaner.. but like the others said there's no reason for the dealership to hold your car. Like Chicago, I also have executive-level contacts at OnStar I can refer you to.. although for privacy reasons I won't give them out.. I will gladly pass along your information though and have someone call you if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.