Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaky Window Seal - Driver's Door

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cybirdy 
#1 ·
Had my Mali for 2 weeks now - love it. Only complaint has been excessive wind noise at highway speeds coming through the window seal on the driver's door - right up next to my ear. Also found when washing car with garden-hose pressure, that some water / moisture is leaking through. I'm mitigating temporarily by shoving a folded business card between the glass and seal to save my hearing (and sanity!).

Question is whether this would be something covered under warranty, being non-mechanical in nature? Hate the thought of spending all that $$ on a brand new vehicle and have this one little annoyance. Also, is my local dealer likely able to resolve, rather than taking back to the purchasing dealer (~60 miles away)? Haven't attempted to contact either yet on this issue.

TIA for any thoughts and opinions on this. Glad I found CMF as a resource!

#4 ·
The information you have been given by great CMF members is correct. The concerns you're experiencing should fall under the new vehicle Bumper to Bumper limited warranty. Please, let me know how things go when you take your Malibu into the dealership.

BTW, congratulations on the new vehicle!!!!

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

#5 ·
Quick update on this issue (c'mon, you know you've been waiting for it):

Finally had the car in for service, as I waited to get the window seal addressed in the same visit as the routine maint. Wasn't sure how this would be fixed as it seemed the rubber gasket / seal may have been damaged and might need replacing, but all they did was adjust the window in the track. Seems to have worked, as I have not been able to reproduce the telltale whistle and am enjoying a quiet cabin now.

Now my only issue is the noticeable "clunk" the window makes when first raising from a fully lowered position...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.