Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutorial: Removing 2 Stuck CDs from player.

18K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  06malibuLS 
#1 ·
So I had this problem with a 2006 Malibu Maxx I purchased in February and today I solved it.

First, I tried removing the CDs with tweezers but they were too tall and couldn't open when inserted a 1/2" in the player. Then I thought my next option would be to take apart the dash and CD player its self. BUT before I started, a light bulb went off in my head.

I went back into my house and grabbed two butter knives.

1. I inserted one under the lowest of the two CDs and placed one on top of the highest CD.
2. I then hit the eject button so the two small metal "CD holders" would drop down.
3. Once they dropped, I pressed the two butter knives together and gently pulled the CDs out.

That's my 30 second fix and I hope this helps someone else. :D

-Chas

#2 ·
Very good idea. I have a spring hook I can insert into mine and catch the center and then pull the CD out.

Gm had a poor design as I've heard of the CD issue with other GM vehicles from the '04-'06 time frame.

#3 ·
I recently replaced the stereo in my 06 Maxx. CD would not eject. Had a Kenwood installed and what a hassle and cost getting everything connected and working. Steering wheel controls, DIC and stereo. Had the new DIC replaced three times. Everything has been working for 2 weeks now and keeping my fingers crossed. I also got blutooth and usb connection with the new Kenwood .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.