Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For a GM Tech

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hjlint 
#1 ·
What is the spec for a 2.4 L Mass air flow sensor.22,000 miles on Malibu.
I have a Po171 Code.
Short term Fuel== 28-32 %
Long term = 29%
MAF. =1.6 g/s ( I think this is very low)

Also is there an improved exhaust hanger at the converter to stop the rattle?

#3 ·
The Air filter was water soaked. Replaced the filter, cleaned the MAF, seems to be fine. This was done at a Dealer. They cleaned the Injectors per GM Flow chart, Smoked the system. no leaks. Problem didn't clear until they replaced the filter.
Now , how did the water get into the filter is my next concern,
They worked on this for 4 hours.

Thank you for the reply.

#5 ·
If air gets through, how would you stop water intrusion? You can only shield it so much. A big puddle ( small pond) at high enough speed, driving through water a foot deep. It's not normal but not unheard of either. Are all the plastic shields in place under the car? I wonder if they checked for water intrusion at the connector for the MAF? Sensor wouldn't normally see moisture like that and some could wick through the sensor to the connector. Sure the converter isn't broken internally?

#6 ·
I did go through a heavy rain storm recently, roads were closed because of deep water. I did get into this. Under the R/F fender there is a gap between two plastic pannels were it appears were the air goes into the Air box. The cat seems ok. Car now runs great( except for the suspension rattle) Cleaning the injectors seem to have made a big Improvement in power. I'm going to find a way to seal off this gap and hope that works. I thank you for replying. At least some one is interest in our problems.

#8 ·
The air horn is down low on the Gen7, prime territory for liquid-locking an engine if driving through any kind of high water. You're lucky all it did was saturate the air filter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.