Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

07 Malibu Rear Passenger Power Door Lock Actuator???

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kranium31 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just had my 2007 Malibu LTZ in the shop for a check engine light and had them also look at the rear passenger door lock that stopped working... They quoted $350 - $360 to replace a emission valve and door lock actuator.

I told them that not to worry about the door lock right now so that dropped the price to $140 which is much better...

I am pretty confident that I can replace the actuator but I can't seem to find one for the 2007 Malibu LTZ... I've spent a couple of hours so far and also contact a couple of places to no avail...

Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up?

#3 ·
i have the same problem with my drivers side rear door and it should be pretty simple to take the door panel off to do the job. Honestly you might call a junkyard and see if they have a car they can pull it from.

#4 ·
You can do that, however you're only getting the same part you're taking out in all probability. The actuator part numbers have changed over time and as the numbers change, there have been improvements made to the part to resolve issues known to exist. Current parts seem to be doing much better, fingers crossed. Just something to keep in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.