Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertising on this site

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Schwartz 
#1 ·
Wow, all of a sudden this site is plastered with Ford ads. If I wanted to shop for a Ford I would join a Mustang site. I know, the moderator doesn't control the conrtent of the homepage, or something like that. Just an observation. I usually ignore anything Ford does anyway.

#2 ·
The Moderator, Pizza Man, is a God, byeuboy. I will throw a tivo remote at your face if you ever try anything like that AGAIN!

I did notice though that these ads aren't even geared to Malibu... WOAH I have a Mac and at the bottom task bar or w/e it's called, you can see the reflection of the letters I'm typing right now it's soo cool!

#3 ·
They're Google ads. They help support the operating costs of the Forum. They are triggered by the content of the posts. Mention Truck and chances are an ad will pop up for a F150.

At the bottom of the page, just before I typed this post there was an ad for a Honda Ridgeline. Cool by me, I own one.

#4 ·
Yep. Ads are ads, and they're all fine by me--just a help to keep this site going strong.

No matter what forum you're on, the same things are there, so it's just a fact of life on the net.

#5 ·
FireFox + AdBlock Plus = Solution to all your problems! :)

#6 ·
Wait a minute boys, I'm on your side. Just a simple observation, no harm intended. Can't take 2 steps without crunchin toes in here anymore.

#8 ·
No harm, just playful wording at times;)

It is an interesting discussion, nonetheless, and a factor on sites like these that few people understand. Thanks for bringing it up!

#7 ·
The Ford ads are nothing to be negative about. Actually, you should smile when you see one. Ultimately Ford MoCo pays for the ad so everytime one pops up consider that you're taking $ from a loyal ford customer and using it to support your GM addiction. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.