Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Malibu Owner - New to Forum

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 2013 Malibu LS last night. I am very impressed with this car!

I compared and test drove some of the competition; Altima, Accord, Camry, but kept coming back to the Malibu. I am not a fan of the CVT transmission. The 6 speed in the Malibu beats them hands down IMO, except in the mpg wars. As slick as the others might be they felt kind of cheap in comparson. The Malibu feels like a luxury car compared to them. Everyone that has ridden in it so far came away very surprised, and impressed! I think Chevy really hit the mark with this car!

Although my LS is the base model it has the level of equipment that would have been considered "loaded" not too many years ago. I am continually impressed by all the features on this "stripped" version. For my needs it has all the features I could want and then some.

Will post pics later. I got the black granite and already got the dealer stickers off the trunk last night :)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Dave :)

Glad to see you made the plunge and hope that you will enjoy your new Malibu just as most of us here do. My wife and i are very pleased with our ECO and feel we made an excellent choice is deciding to buy the new Malibu. Keep us posted as to your experiences. It helps us all.

Post some pics when you can cause it ain't so until we see proof :D:)

#5 ·
If you want suggestions, I'd say try black or white vinyl chevy emblems, and some members have removed their steel wheel covers because the black steel wheels look kinda cool by themselves. Other members have painted the wheel covers themselves with some nice results!

#6 ·
Welcome to CMF.

Thread moved from General Discussion area...

#9 ·
Wow! Very slick car. I can't believe that's a base model, or anywhere in the low $20k range. I didn't realize they came with alloys, they look nice too.

Seriously, black Chevy bowties. Cheap and would look totally ninja.

#10 ·
Wow! Very slick car. I can't believe that's a base model, or anywhere in the low $20k range. I didn't realize they came with alloys, they look nice too.
It has been 10 years since I have been new car shopping so I was very surprised how much cool stuff this base model has as standard equipment, and the price I paid couldn't be beat by anything out there.

The buying experience was pretty good until it got time to push the paint protection package and extended warranty. I couldn't believe how many times I had to say no to those profit centers before I got out of there!

#11 ·
Did they wipe some wax on a hood then light it on fire? I told the guy that it would be really useful if I ever decided to crash and burn my car but I didn't have any plans to do that.
I told him I could buy that sealant online that they were using for pretty cheap and he said "Yea but you can't apply it like we can, we use a buffer!"
Like that was supposed to be some super special thing that no one on Earth can do.

Worst add on salesman I have ever seen. Everytime I had a comeback for him he dropped it and went on to the next product he was trying to sell. Made it through him pretty quick though so I'm glad he didn't keep pushing that garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.