Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

New to the Forum and Malibu

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  walters 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum as well as a newer Malibu owner. I bought my 2005 Malibu LS with 89k miles about 3 months ago. I bought it for $300 from a guy that was driving it down Missouri roads with no comprehensive insurance. Needles to say he hit a deer, mangled it up pretty decent and I picked it up for very cheap.

I have already cut it completely apart. I have straightened and/or ordered all the replacement parts but am in a slow re-build process. Hope to be done with it within the near future. I am here at the Malibu forum to look for some measurements that I am lacking from continuing. I'm normally very busy with work, I spray foam insulation for a living so it can keep me busy form my car and looking for information. Plus its always nice to chat with others that have the same vehicle and brainstorming through problems.

Brian

#2 ·
Welcome. I hope our members will be able to help you out. Sounds like quite a project! Got any pics yet?

#3 ·
Thank you. And I hope I can find the answers I'm looking for. I am in very bad need of the measurements for the radiator support.

I have pictures taken of the car, none online or anything like that yet. I'll add them before long. Its been sitting long enough already, i'd like to get it done. Once I have the measurements I can finish welding in the radiator support and bolt in the radiator and everything will go a lot smoother.

But with the entire radiator support bent at the beginning of my project i've had no reference point to set the distance from the firewall to the radiator tie bar and from the frame horn to the bottom of the front lip of the support tie bar.

Thank you again for the welcome. Thats a gorgeous '11 you've got. Mine has a long way to go, but I have a lot of hope for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.