Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's the 2014 Malibu — NOT!

21K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  SilverSport 
#1 ·

They will also be reworking the rear seat by lowering it or thinning the cushion

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Here's the 2014 Malibu

New hybrid either impabu or malipala.

#5 ·

Look at the drawing again, guys! Those rear meats are humongous! Much wider than the fronts and a lot bigger.

Maybe the graphic artist is dyslexic and made the front smaller and the back bigger instead of the other way around.

Agree that the front end treatment is better looking. And that's the first time I've seen a pic of the '14 Impala. Nice no matter how you slice it!

#11 ·
#13 ·

It's NOT going to look like that guys.

#17 ·

Because they came out with the all new Malibu and it didn't sell so well so just a year later they are redoing parts of it to try again.

#19 ·

I agree.

Me and the wife saw a preview of it on Youtube a while before it was available and we fell in love with it. As soon as I knew the local dealer had some we ran down there to check it out and drove one home that same day.

#20 ·

I would have to see it up close and personal before i could love it or hate it but the 13 is everything I wanted in a car FE,comfort,ride,looks and its a CHEVY and American made.

#21 ·

I love that the Malibu allowed me to continue my buying of cars from an American company. My 08 Chevy was made in Mexico - was a great, reliable ride but it warms my heart when I open my door and see the sticker where it was built.

#31 ·

American made!
I had to finish taking off my "Made in" Quality sticker because it was half falling off... Good sign on quality ;)

#24 ·

I can think of nothing better to do than buy an American product, made in America, from an American company. I'm glad to own this car.

I have no problem with other marques, makes, country of origin but the last couple years it's been imperative to look at American cars when buying. There as good at the very best and in many cases better than equivalent level imports.

And a far greater value. Buy GM stock now!! :D

#25 ·

I would buy a foreign car if any of them appealed to me in looks. I haven't really ever seen one that I wanted. They all seem to look like they have no character to me.
I admit the interior is nice in my step daughter's 09 Accord (although the radio could use less than 200 buttons) but the exterior styling is just not my taste.

#27 ·

I doubt the design is changing very much. One picture was a rendering, meaning someone whith rendering software came up with their design(kinda like photoshop) GM wouldn't make two different class cars have the exact same front end.That just doesnt seem smart. The other picture is hard for me to believe as well. Why would gm let an un proportioned diagram get out to the public, let alone, what architect would have a drawing that is so obviously incorrect? I hope gm doesn't have sub par architects.

#28 ·

I think its too soon to update the design. Chevy needs to give the '14 malibu at least two model years so that the current new design could catch on. If that front end graft ends up as a reality then IMO they may do more harm to the malibu than good.

I am glad that chevy is responding to some of the criticism of the malibu, as opposed to just running it through a typical production run. Its hard for lightning to strike twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.