Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

13 turbo owners MPG

10K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  mzodarg 
#1 ·
I'm just curious what other tubo owners are getting for mileage. I currently have 1700 miles on a 13 2lz, it's been tuned since I brought her home. I'm averaging (manual calculated) 22.4 in town (91 octane), I have a 12 mile commute to work average speed of 38 mph. I've only had her on the highway for 1 short trip (200 miles) and I got roughly 27MPG on that one.

Tre'

#4 ·
FWIW:

My wife has only had her new 2LT for a few days and it has less than 400 miles on it, but on a short trip earlier today of about 100 miles or so (2 lane highway @ roughly 62 mph) she averaged 32mpg.

The drive was conservative and a deliberate intention to NOT use the turbo brought about the, what we consider, pretty good highway mileage. ;)

Nice car, we like it.

J.

#7 ·
Very interesting numbers, as stated mine is tuned and on this last Tank I had several WOT runs up to 130mph for data logging. It will be interesting to see what I get on this next tank as anytime I load a map it resets the fuel trims (learned data). I need to get her on a trip to see what the Highway mileage will be like. Even tuned I'm getting better than EPA estimates.

Tre'

#8 ·
I filled up the day I posted this and have driven 112 miles. I've haven't done any WOT pulls and I'm pleasantly surprise with the Average MPGs on the DIC. Currently it shows 24.7.

Other than no WOT driving, I'm driving the car the same as the previous tank.

Will be interesting what I get manually calculated on the next fill up.

Tre'

#9 ·
FWIW the next fill up was yesterday and I got 24.4 MPG by the DIC and 24.49 manually calculated. Average speed was 31 MPH.

I did not have any WOT pulls, but I did drive aggressive.

I'm very pleased!

#17 ·
I'll do that soon. Right now my S-10 ZR2 is getting equal time in this nasty weather. We'll see then how we compare with your Trifecta tuned turbo.
Cool, I'm relatively pleased with mine. My last tank by the DIC was 23.1 and Manaully calculated was 22.9. Average speed was 32 MPH

Trifecta is DYNO tuning a 13 BU 2LTZ this week, I will be the beneficiery once completed and I should get my select a tune soon as well.

Tre'

#27 ·
Just an update:
I've got roughly 3000 miles on Bu now, just filled up. DIC calculated 25.8, all in town driving, average speed was 33 mph. manually calculated 26.04. :D

I've yet to received my tune update, should get it by end of next week. Sure wished the aftermarket would catch up, I'm wanting to put a SRI or CAI on soon.

Tre'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.