Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 SQ Build

67K views 259 replies 20 participants last post by  WrenchGuy 
#1 ·
Im not sure if "logs" are the thing here but I figure this would be a good place to show what Im about to do.

I will just keep updating as I go. Altho there are things Ive yet to aquire the equipment list is figured out.....Id like to thank my sponsors at Vertex Audio and Shok Industries for their help thus far. Its been really great working with these guys and if your after SQ or SPL both can be of great service to you.

If any of this is a prob with Admin please delete.

Im not going to build against an RTA of any sort. Just not a goal of mine and Id have to look into that aspect further to consider it anyway. I just like the challenges of tuning and imaging.

Stuff going in:...

Head Unit: Pioneer DEX P99RS
Front Stage: CDT Audio ES 632i (active)
Front Stage Amplifier: Zed Audio Leviathan
Substage: Single Incriminator Audio Flatlyne 12 2.5 cubes between 28-30hz
Substage Amplifier: Zed Audio Minotaur
Wiring & Accessories: Shok Industries Reference Elite 1/0, REF 4GA, REF 8GA, FLO Series RCAs, FW Series speaker wire, and Shok distribution.
Alternator will be upgraded to Excessive Amperage if I feel the need.

I hope it interests you guys as I go.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good stuff

I got a Malibu again and will be doing a pretty sexy build here soon :)

#4 ·
Didnt realize you didnt have the BOOM anymore...lol

I got a 92 Caprice with a 16 cube wall started but its on the back burner for now....the SQ route is just more practical ATM.

#8 ·
I hit up Toolmaker for my rings its just practical to outsource for the precision, especially when the stuff I needed costs the same.....

They are spot on too. My calipers officially vibe with his machine...I like that

#10 ·
I gotta run out and get some pantyhose to stuff these balls into....the ones posted that is.....then I will resin them up and do a temp tack of them together with an initial layout aiming them all on the dome light. The centers of the ring that were cut out will hold my laser pointer. or at least the foam its a win win really.

They will pop in and out the rest the build so we will get back to em.

Prolly gonna arrange to do the big 3 and what not just little odds and ends before I gut the car for deadning.

#11 ·
good stuff man

#14 ·
looks good man tuned in!

#21 ·
Put my damping order together anyway. Ummmm this should help if it matters.

1 layer full coverage for the 2010 Malibu (little extra for doubling up trouble areas):

Trunk floor = 16 sq/ft

Doors = 66 sq/ft (from front door to taillight to cover the side of trunk as well)

Passenger Area Floor = 30 sq/ft

Rear deck = 8 sq/ft

Roof = 20 sq/ft

#22 ·
I put in an order for my Techflex as well. If you ever need any of it hit up Barry on ebay...."furryletters". Just cant beat it and hes on top of his CS.

The Incriminator Audio Flatlyne 12" has arrived too. Its a pretty nice sub. I usually mess with 18s or better so they just seem small but it is a hefty driver for SQ.

Started an enclosure for it for something to do. If its permanent cool if not we got a nice 12 box anyway...lol

#24 ·
good stuff man!

#27 ·
Ill be back in a bit. Damping order will be here in a week or so......

I got Toolmaker on some attatching hardware for me too. Something like so to mount my pods to the pillars.

Big 3 and such when the techflex for my 1/0 comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.