Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 with power steering and service esc problems

28K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  beaverplt 
#1 ·
Just purchased this car from a kia dealer in july.Has been a great car.Just the other day leaving grocery store couldn't steer the car and display was flashing power steering and service esc.Have an appt with chevrolet dealer in a week.Car can be driven but hard to turn under 15 mph.I have seen that there was a recall on 08's but have found no problems with 09;s.Any help or know of problems,thank you in advance.Also warranty was only for 60 days

#2 ·
Thread in Gen8 area was deleted. Please don't duplicate like that - we'll move it for you.

Hope the PS issue gets fixed for ya!

#3 ·
Yeah recall 10183A only covered '05, '06 and '08. Problem is there all the time? Usually will work after you turn the car off, cancel RAP (open and close drivers door) and sometimes wait one minute before turning the key on. Really, most of the time just turn the car off and right back on is sufficient to clear the condition temporarily. Most of these were bad assist motors.

#10 ·
I am having the same issue here. Just spoke to a service tech at local GM dealership and she stated that there are no service recalls or special policies on my vehicle. It is a 2009 and I'm getting close on mileage. Any ideas on this or is it safe to continue to drive it? PS still works just fine, however it flashes the message! :(

VIN - 9F234448
Mileage - 976xx

#11 ·
Mine was the power steering as the 4 cyl has no pump it is electric which differs from the v6 which has a pump.Being electric they replaced the module for 480.00 and 229.00 in labor.Also check engine light was on which was camshaft solenoid and air valve.Mileage was 84,806.Yes no recall or service bulletins.Just faced to pay on your own.So being the only car needed a loaner also,total bill was 928.67.Great Christmas present!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.