Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's back again...

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lgndryhr 
#1 ·
I had this same problem with mine last year. I was luckily under the 35k mile warranty. It was a brake pressure circuit. My dealership replaced the break circuit as well as replaced & recalibrated the break pedal position. It worked fine for some time after this then happened again 3 months later to be exact. The second time they cleaned and lubricated the BCM. Your cruise control is not going to work because of this as well as your break light will randomly turn on and off. I also had my ESC and Traction turn off then tell me they needed to be serviced. It first started showing signs of all this for me when my car did not shift properly at all and lag in shifting. From there the rest from above happened.

The dealer was going to replace a part that was over $1000 the second time it happened, but during the time they ordered the part and it got delivered a bulletin was submitted for my problem for them to try other methods before doing the expensive route because of obvious reasons. I told my dealership that if I ever had to return for the same thing again I expected them to fix it using the part next time since when my car came in the bulletin had not existed, and somehow they conveniently didn't call me until after it was submitted to them. I have never been happy with my dealership, but as long as I have a warranty I go there. Once my warranty expires I will stop going there. The car salesman I got my car from is great. This is the 4th car my family and I have gotten through him. The service center blows. The parts center is great. (sorry for the rant.
So my problem is back again....Cruise wouldn't turn on and it is having trouble deciding gears (staying in a gear too long, too short, switching back and forth. All this happens while on a flat level road.) I can't decide if I should take it back to my crappy dealer service department, to a new one, or dump the car. This is the third time this has happened. The service warnings haven't come on yet, but I know it's just a matter of time before they do. I am going to call my GM Service Rep later today that is dealing with my case against my crappy dealership service department and see what they suggest. Is this considered a lemon law thing with it being the third time?

#3 ·
I checked them and my car doesn't seem to fall under the lemon law in my state. I do know when I take it to the service department today I am going to talk to my salesman my family and I have bought many cars through about getting rid of it. I may be getting a Camaro sooner than later if this keeps up or getting a V6 LTZ.

#4 ·
Dropped her off today. They said they plan on keeping it a while today to check to see what is going on since this is the third time. Of course this morning the car ran fine without any problems. The Service Manager said it might some sort of electrical problem. I hope they don't try to blame it on my HIDs or spoiler brake light.

#6 ·
I have gotten the car back. They said a week or two ago, codes were thrown, but they weren't on long enough to trigger anything so put into a history log. This could have been caused by a bump or something to the brake circuit. Well the BCM for some reason read the codes and this time shut off the cruise control as part of the programming. When the computers/modules detect an issue or read certain error codes one of the features commonly shut off is the cruise control. They wiped all codes and such. Drove it, read it again nothing. Re-cleared just in case and drove it again still nothing. So for now I have a fix.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well my car @#$% up again for the same issue for the 4th time. Today was the last straw. After they supposedly fixed it, I am done with this car!!!!!!!!!! I am now car shopping. Checking out the Gen5 Camaros.

#9 · (Edited)
First off, I apologize for the foul language in my previous post. Thanks for fixing it DrivenDaily and not getting mad at me.

Yea, I am pretty mad at the service department. All they do is hook up a Tech 2 and read codes. That's it really. No real mechanic there.

Yep, I was a raised in a GM family. Tomorrow though I am calling my GM customer service person again to add more to my case # and I am going to ask for some sort of discount or reimbursement for all the gas burned, inconvenience, etc. I am beyond livid. I love my car a lot, but I can't hold onto her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.