Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 LTZ service ECM / Traction control

13K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MRC 
#1 ·
This seems to be a popular subject. So just chiming in with my problem.
So far I have noticed that these lights come on when I am in slow traffic or stopping at many stop lights. First starts as a misfire, then "service ECM and traction control lights come on. If I gently accelerate, the misfire stops until I slow or stop again. Not a constant misfire, but like an intermittent hiccup. Whenever I get to turn it off and restart, the lights always turn off. This problem may not reoccur for days or weeks, but when it does, its always in stop and go traffic, and when the engine is warm. Has never happened above 20 MPH.

My therory is that the misfire starts everything. slight bucking of the car then sets off the ECM / TC sensors of some kind.

This seems to be such a problem. I'm leaning towards the "terminal fretting corrosion" as the culprit.

I dont trust my local dealer, in Westminster, Md. they have a bad rap and tried to rip me off on a previous car I took to them. Hope that GM will come up with a fix and service bullitin to solve this once and for all.

Just my 2 cents........

See less See more
#2 ·
pinballfixer,

We're sorry to hear both that you've been having concerns with your traction control light and a unsatisfactory experience with your dealership. If you would like for us to look into either of these, please contact us via private message on the forum (or email - see our signature).

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Michelle)
Chevrolet Customer Service

#3 ·
Disconnect the neg. battery terminal. Then unplug / replug the ABS module connector and the BCM connectors a few times and you'll be fine. DIY solution that takes less time than it takes to getting to your free cup of coffee at the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.