Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre Cut Window Tint

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bfoster 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used any of the pre cut window tint kits before?

#3 · (Edited)
I got the static cling type from http://www.rvinyl.com/Window-Tint.html for the visor portion of the windshield. I found that I really miss having dark tint at the top of the windshield. It was very easy to install to the inside of the glass and stays put. But it is NOT optical grade. I would not want it on a window that I had to see thru all the time. I have not tried pre-cut for side windows or front & rear windshields so I don't know if they are the same or not. Trying to read a sign thru the visor material is difficult as it distorts some what.

#5 ·
So I got my Malibu tinted at LA Tint in Sterling, VA today. I ended up going with F1 Pinnacle, 35% all around and 15% on my sunroof. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. The tint came out flawless - no bubbles, no creases, all windows are done with one piece. Not to mention, Geoff was very professional and took the time to make sure I was happy with the work and explain proper care. What do you think?

#6 ·
My installers told me they would not do my sunroof because it's already tinted and to add more it could cause it to get too hot and crack. After containing my laughter I got 20% front/back/rear. They wanted another $25 to do the brow but said they couldn't cut it to match the curve of the roof so I opted out of it. I'll get my own someday.

What did they say about the care?

#8 ·
I ended up getting a local shop to do it, they did a "ok" job, some bubbles in the tint. Took them all day, but it was only 130 bucks. Will never use them again, and in fact I don't even want to take it back to get them to fix it! Turns out they are the same people the local Honda dealership uses and our Honda had tint on it, and it was pretty crappy, also. So.. Yea.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.