Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem when accelerating and hit over 2rpms

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jetstar63 
#1 ·
when i'm accelerating and hit 2 or a little over 2rpms and stop accelerating the car jumps...the rpms start going a little crazy. If you start accelerating it'll stop...i've even had a few times the car will accelerate slightly itself. But you definitley feel it in a back and forth of the rpms..anyone else have this problem and what could it be. I just hit 5,000 miles...and already wondering why i have to worry. Shouldve stuck with honda from things i'm starting to read

#2 ·

Well it sounds like something might be up with the trottle. It should be under warranty and if so take it to the dealer and it'll be fixed right up.
Identical problem happened with my Malibu after i bought it but it was because i bought mine off of an insurance company and it was stolen, Peoples stole it and messed up the throttle, it was an ez fix for me.

And why would you wanna go back to Honda?:confused: Have you Heard about the recalls their having? their gong the same path as Toyota

#3 ·
I am having a similar issue with my 10 1LT. When the engine is under a little stress on a grade, the RPMs will sometimes get stuck between 2 and 3 and the car bucks as if it is between gears. I have to put more pressure on the accelerator to get it to shift. My salesman told me I have to fully position my foot on the accelerator to keep this from happening. That seems to help. But I've never had a car that was so sensitive about accelerator foot position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.