Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiper Blades

43K views 52 replies 37 participants last post by  stompah 
#1 ·
:eek: Sorry . . . but I find it un-freakin'-believable, that no one here is downright ANGRY after being forced to pay upwards of THIRTY DOLLARS for a set of wiper blades for an 08+ Malibu. Wiper blades for chrissake! GM should be ashamed of themselves. THIRTY DOLLARS for something that we paid $4.98 for at Walmart a couple years ago for an older Malibu. Frankly, it's just plain disgusting. :mad:

Those are the kinds of things that make it so hard to stay loyal to GM--that and the one hour + it takes to replace the air filter on my HHR. What BS.

#43 ·
+1 -- This was discussed before I think too. I clean and wipe down the blades alot as grime stuck on there seems to degrade the life exponentially. The Valeo blades have been working OK for me -- got some cheap on amazon to replace.

After this set im giving the Rain-X from costco a pop.

#40 ·
originals are starting to tear :(
My orignal wiper blades also started to tear, so I bought OEM ones straight from the dealership, and it was between 40-45 bucks for the two (about a year ago). I have had no problems with the ones from the dealership, and they work pretty darn good when they are new, but I don't think they last long (actually, I don't think the WHOLE car will last long anywayz).

My parents have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan w/70k miles, and the wipers AND blades are STILL original.

#45 · (Edited)
I tried the RainX latitude wipers, problem is they aren't stable on the windshield at 65+ mph. They jitter across and leave obnoxious blindspots that can be hazardous in heavy traffic. Additionally, the passenger side doesn't have the curvature or bracing to stay flush with the windshield on the edge so the outer 1-2 inches dont get wiped.

Like the other person that got stuck in the rain trying to figure it out, getting it attached took me a good deal of effort because the instructions are poor. Once you get it, however, they do lock on properly.

Spend a little more and get a better brand or just go with OEM.

#46 ·
I bought Bosch "OE" blades last time and was satisfied. I need to replace them this year and I'll use them again. The "OE" version uses the OEM-type attachment and they go on easily. All the other brands use some funky, wonky adapter that is hard to figure out, hard to attach, and doesn't seem to hold them very snugly.

#47 ·
I have found with some brands of wiper blades you need to look up an actual part number. There can be 2 or more part numbers of the same blade model at the same length, the difference being the supplied adapters. I know this is the case for all models of Trico brand wiper blades.

I don't know if this is true for Rain-X blades or not.

#49 · (Edited)
I bought Rain X blades for our 06 malibu when we had it and they lasted a couple weeks before one flew off. Luckily it wasn't raining or it probably would have caused an accident or at the least scratched the windshield up bad from the arm scraping the glass. I saw reviews of them online and others reported the same issues. I won't even give them another chance.
I went and bought Bosch blades afterwards and they lasted almost 2 years, I will probably be buying them for the new malibu when the time comes.

I just had to get some wipers for my 97 Cougar and went with the Trico NeoForm that are on sale at Advance Auto for $14.99 a piece but if you use code P20 online and then pick them up at the store it drops them down to $11.99 a piece.

#50 ·
Find blades that use the OE-style attachment. They attach really easily. The aftermarket ones that use the "universal" adapter (what a joke!) take almost a college degree to figure out.

#51 ·
I also had the rain x blades on my 03 sierra after a few weeks of having them on there i was on the freeway in a snow storm and the drivers one came off and kinda slid down the arm,I got lucky there wasn't no traffic around so i pulled over real fast hooked it back on went right out and got Bosch ones and was really happy with them.

#53 ·
I just bought some RainX Latitudes. What a disappointment. The adapter is huge and the rubber blade is taller than stock and it is very obtrusive, especially on the passenger side. Plus both driver and pass side do not wipe the very top of the windshield.

Going to pick up some OEMs and return the RainXs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.