Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking to go bigger

7K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  DarkMali08 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the 2lz w/19" rims and im looking to replace with 20"s. Will i have a problem fitting 245/40r20, and what what kind of offset will set them flush with the body

#2 ·
According to Tire rack: Not sure they will fit flush.
Offset: 40mm Backspacing: 6.33" Bolt Pattern: 5-120
Rec. Tire Size:225/35-20

As far as 245/40r/20 doesn't look like that's an option.

One other thing to consider is that your speedo could possibly be off as well.

What rims are you looking for? I've purchase 6 sets from this guy http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/?gclid=CISa8ZOawLQCFayPPAodkBwAAw best price I've ever found.

Keep us informed on what you decide on.

Tre'

#4 · (Edited)
I was thinking about upgrading to 20in wheels for my 2LZ down the line also. I actually think that the 245-40-20 setup will fit just fine. If you have a 2LZ with the upgraded 19in wheels then you already have the 245-40-19 setup so going up 1in will not change the ride that much if any. I belive the 40 aspect ratio profile is as low as I'd like to go to be honest. With my old 7th gen I had a 225-35-20 setup and had two cracked rims and busted tires to show for it. The tires really were rubber bands pretty much but man did the setup look good. Anyway, when the time comes for me to upgrade to some fresh new wheels I will be doing the 245-40-20 setup. If you check out the fit for the old 7th gen thru tire rack then you were able to do 225-50-17 and 225-50-18. Hell I had 225-45-18 setup on it and it worked out just fine. In short I think you'll be fine going with the 245-40-20 setup.

#9 ·
Nice! I like the black interior of the rim. It keeps the outside as the main focal point by keeping the inside harder to see. Good design, too. Very similar to the LTZ rims I have now, and very airy. Hopefully that keeps them light so the suspension is able to work well.

#11 ·
1" = 25.6 mm, so 5 mm is slightly less than 1/4". Measure the current position of your tire sidewalls and then use that to figure out how much further you want them to move. That is the difference you need to figure into the new wheels.

Just remember that moving the wheels further out or in will change how the suspension cycles. Further out will put a higher load on the springs due to the increased leverage, and can cause increased tire wear from the camber change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.