Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 Malibu issues...Tire Pressure Sensors

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  obxstefany 
#1 ·
We traded in my Honda Odyssey for a 2012 Chevy Malibu because I needed something with better fuel economy with rising gas prices. I commute approximately 45 miles one way approximately 2-3 times a week with my job. We bought this Malibu Nov 2011. After it had approximately 5000 miles on it the problems began. Basically, the key fobs would stop working, remote start would quit working and then I would get a svc. tire pressure monitor code along with the alarms, etc. I took it in to the dealer, had to wait a week or so to get the parts. The day I was to take it in, I got a code that said check power steering and of course it didn't work. The weird thing about all of this...the codes and problems would reset themselves except for the key fobs and remote start. I had to take it in to the dealer for that. This happened numerous times over the next few months, so the dealer traded me out of that malibu and into another because of the constant problems. NOW....malibu number 2 is having very similar issues with only 3000 miles on it. Has anyone else had this issue????? This is the SECOND trip to the dealer with this problem in two weeks! Frankly, I am getting a little frustrated and at the point that I don't ever want to own another Chevrolet in my life and if I consider buying one I want someone to kick me square in the teeth. Seriously. With both cars we had remote start added by the dealer. Both bought brand spanking new. Any ideas why this could be happening or has anyone else had these problems??? I really miss my problem free Hondas at this point!:(

See less See more
#2 ·
With both cars we had remote start added by the dealer.
That might have been a tactical mistake.
They may have done the same thing wrong TWICE. :(

I suggest that you INSIST that they keep the car, and give you a loaner, until it is fixed. Talk to your saleaman and see if he won't volunteer to be the "tester" and drive it home each day.

P.S. I've owned about 6 Hondas over 40 years......and none of them were completely problem free. Just sayin. ;)

#3 ·
Well...they have had it since Friday..SUPPOSEDLY they are giving me a new phone charger and asking that I unplug my daughter's movie player to see if that works. I don't know. At this point I am scratching my head as well. I DO understand that no auto manufacturer is perfect..they all have problems...but with that being said I have NEVER had problems like this over, and over, and over. :mad: They drove my old one around for a week plugged into the diagnostic computer...never did anything...go figure. I took pictures with my phone, time date stamped pictures so they could see it. I drove it into the dealership with the light on...I just want it fixed..I love my dealer..they have been super nice and dealt with me on everything, but I don't want to see them every couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.