Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu Horror Story

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  SoonerOne 
#1 ·
I thought I share our experience with our new Malibu purchased on Memorial Day.

First, on the drive home on the highway from the dealership, a terrible shimmy, long story short, back to the dealership for proper alignment. Picked it up next day, rides smooth, got her home in the garage......looked at her more closely, hail damage.:eek: About 7 spots in all, on the roof and on the chrome pieces around the passenger door. (The cars on the lot were all dirty from a previous rain storm so we did not see the damage until the car was clean.) The dealership did not disclose the hail damage.

Called the salesman and back to the dealership for dent repair....picked up the car last night, looks good, all dents gone, take it back home......get in the garage, look up and the headliner has dropped down and the passenger side door pillar has a huge bulge! Unbelievable!!!

My husband lost it.....he emailed our salesperson that he wanted out of the deal and our trade-in back.

Conclusion.....because the dealership did not disclose the hail damage, they are trading us and giving us another Malibu, with the same exact options + chrome wheels and tint. We are picking it up tonight:D Hopefully this will be the end of it and we can enjoy our new Malibu!

See less See more
#3 ·
Believe me, my husband was not a happy camper last night.....in all of our car buying experience, this has never happened. We usually buy a new car, drive it off the lot and that's it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

#4 ·
Happy that you're receiving another car, when I received mine at finale inspection I noticed a small dent just above the left rear tail light, I refused the car and was told that it would would be corrected the following day, not sure how they removed it but it was perfect, no filler or repaint.

#5 ·
Thats crazy SoonerOne! This is one of the things that makes me feel like the American car companies did this (zero demand) to themselves.. such quality issues...

The Malibu really is a nice car though and I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your replacement!

#6 ·
The original poster's issues had nothing to do with GM, except for the shimmer. The hail damage is an act of God, and the headliner and piller were from the dealership taking it apart to repair the hail damage.

#7 ·
At least you now have nice rims, tinted windows, AND another new car. Sorry about the trouble though. Oh, did you get the same color?

#10 ·
Yes, the exact same color and options as the first one. So far, so good. We are going to a Classic/Corvette car show today and I'll try and get some good pictures of the new BU.

Everyone have a great weekend!

#14 ·
I've got new pictures, but they are at home, I'll try to post later.....took the BU2 on 2 day trips this weekend, she drove great! I brought her to work today after the hubby and I shined her all up again last night. The chrome wheels and tint really set her off!

I must say something positive about our salesman....he has tried really hard to make us happy and apologized profusely. He got the windows tinted, filled up the new car with gas, got it detailed and ready for us to pick up Friday night. We exchanged vehicles with no problems.

I am ready to enjoy the new BU:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.