Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My new ride!!

12K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  elcompaLalo 
#1 · (Edited)
2010 LTZ,Pearl White,graphite leather.Just tryin to keep her clean in Ohio winter.Started snowing the day I bought it and hasn't stopped yet.IMG]

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the comments.Back window is 20% and side windows on back doors is 35.The guy who did it ran out of film so he had to do the front windows with 40.I don't like to mismatch things but it was so close I went ahead and did it.I hate seat belt chimes!!

#8 ·
It does look a little brown in that light.Pictures don't do it justice.Love the pearl white but my brother(who has a body shop and has to paint anything I screw up) was ready to kill me when I bought it.Say's pearl never matches worth a crap.I still have'nt told him I"m buying a spoiler,rear windowspoiler and maybe color keyed side moldings.Gotta butter him up alittle.

#13 ·
Very nice!

Whats the button next to the door handle in the interior of the car for?

As for disabling the seat belt chime, there is a much easier way of disabling it. Under the seat there is a little black plug that connects to the seat belt buckle thing, all you have to do is unplug it. No abs light or annoying seatbelt chime anymore. I only disabled the drivers side, I left the passenger side alone so if the chime goes off I know to tell the passenger to buckle up.

#20 ·
Guys
I have the same car -- 2010 White diamond Coat /with Cocoa Cashmere leather interior. I see that some cars have the GM emblem on the bottom of the doors and some don't. I looked on the web site and again some pictures of the car have the emblems some don't.
I'm the type of guy that likes to have things EXACTLY the way it is suppose to be because i tend to keep my car till they are classics.

So does any one know for sure ?

I ordered mine with a rear spoiler and door moldings. And paid big time because i was told TRI COAT Paint is very Expensive.

Lastly is anyone experiencing vibration from steering wheel while backing up from standing still ? It happens to me every morning backing out of my driveway.
Thanks !!!

#24 ·
Its called the "GM mark of Excellence". Costs about $58 at the dealer IIRC. It was stopped during the mid 2010 build cycle.

The color matching is easy from what Ive heard first hand at body shops. Its not near as difficult as doing it on a regular color thanks to the metallic in it.

#26 ·
Just saying what I was told about fixing a dent in our car. It takes a good paint guy but it can be done right and not noticeable at all.

BTW, GMs metallics and pearls arent that difficult as they cheat on the lower end cars.

#28 ·
Same RPO might not be the same paint code. GM is doing weird stuff with their paint. I know our Malibu has the same paint code as a Escalade but they are different codes apparently.

Same with some of the whites in the past.

If the pearl is exactly the same Id be really surprised.

#33 ·
Only 08s came with the side markers and the adjustable pedals
, glad I jumped on the first models! Anyways GM might have skimped out on a couple of features on 09s and 10s to keep from
but they did make up for it by adding Bluetooth and a few more features I'm not aware of.

#32 ·
2010 doesn't have the fender signals, and even 09s dont even have the electronically adjustable pedals anymore. They only had the pedals in 08

#34 ·
Yup, only '08 had the side repeaters, and I love them. Why they removed them makes no sense. As said above only '08 has the adjustable pedals on the higher end models too.

As far as I know the only changes besides these has been in '10 they relocated the door lock switches, added a USB instead of a 3.5mm jack to the radio, and they added the Bluetooth.

I think I'd trade my adjustable pedals (even though I do use them) for the USB and Bluetooth though. But I love the side repeaters. I think they look cool and they make it much more noticeable when you signaling. I think they are a law in most countries.

#35 ·
As far as I know the only changes besides these has been in '10 they relocated the door lock switches, added a USB instead of a 3.5mm jack to the radio, and they added the Bluetooth.
They also changed the lower door panel where the drink holder is. It has an indention towards the back so its easier to reach the seat adjustments on the side.

#37 ·
They have both the jack and the usb.I kinda like the side lights too.Too bad they had to mess it up.
You can add OEM side markers from an 08, wiring wouldn't be that difficult and they would only cost about $30 each. Something to consider for those of you 09+ owners or you could go with DrivenDaily's "How-To LED BLINKER INSTALLATION IN MIRROR HOUSINGS" mod......check it out here

I've got both side markers and LEDs in my mirrors Malibu and couldn't be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.