Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My 2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ

11K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 ·
My 2013 Crystal Red Tint Chevy Malibu LTZ ... next to my Grey 2009 Chevy Malibu LT

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More pictures

Attachments

#3 ·
Gotta say, I do like that color! I need to go test drive one, too. Got an invitation in the mail plus an email.

Hmmm....... * wheels within wheels turn inside his head *

#5 ·
Thank you ... my wife has the same colored 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Shopping around for some 20's with low profile for summer 2013. Have a few in mind already, with a 3-4 inch lip. Going to look nasty when I slap them on! Waiting for eBay to post some aftermarket items to start buying for it. I have to tell you, the 2.5 has more balls than the 2.4 I had in the 09/ Runs fast and furious when I step on that pedal, gets me rolling rather quickly! I'm very happt I purchased it.

The only problem I see right now is:

1) When it rains, if you drop your window down a little bit ... the rain comes inside the car. Waiting on the rain guards to install them. Going for all chrome sides and guards, being that my door handles are chromed out.

2) The radio ... is great but ... how do we update/upgrade software if Panasonic link provided on radio itself ... doesn't exist!!!

3) When receving a call, I have to hit the LCD Screen, to transfer my call over the speakers ... not good, especially while I;'m driving. naybe I'm doing something wrong perhaps ... someone can help me eliminate those "LCD" dash pointing moments LOL

#6 · (Edited)
Panasonic link? What? I don't understand your question.

Not sure about your phone. We have iphone 4S phones and when a call comes in we just hit the button on the steering wheel to answer it.

I was pleasantly surprised about the 2.4 in our car too especially for being an ECO. According to this page it does 0-60 in 8.2 seconds which is about a half second quicker than the previous 2.4 was. http://www.zeroto60times.com/Chevrolet-Chevy-0-60-mph-Times.html
According to here the 2.5 does 0-60 in about 7.9 http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-chevrolet-malibu-25-liter-first-drive-reviews

#8 ·
Cool then that's even better.

ChevyMalibu-Rum09 did you mean Pandora and not Panasonic when you were talking about the radio?

#11 ·
I have the 9 speaker with navigation system and I believe the window sticker said Pioneer, I could be wrong but the radio itself is powered by Panasonic. How do I know? When I turn it off, it has Panasonic logo and a website, to which I looked into but it's not even available. I'm confused LOL so I don't even know what my radio is ... I do know I have Pioneer speakers though.

#9 ·
Anything is probably better than the current 2.4. Recently test drove the new 2013 2.0 turbocharged Bu and loved it. I'm sure the 2.5 is nice also but why couldn't they have tweaked 3 more ponies out of it to get it to 200hp........:-( Such a tease...........lol

#10 ·
CoolandClever1, it probably has to do with marketing. It's easier to sell a 259 hp turbo engine to power-conscious people if the base model "only' has 197 instead of 200+.

The Cadillac ATS with the same motor produces 202 hp, though it may also have less restrictive intake and exhaust because that car is not as concerned with quiet tuning.

#13 · (Edited)
I know. I was saying the new 2.4 is about a half second quicker than the older 2.4 was.

That is weird if your radio is a Panasonic, I thought they were Pioneer.
In the config screen on mine (non premium radio) there is an option to update the radio via USB and there used to be an option to download updates on the MYLink web page but they never made available any updates to download and have taken down the option to download any. I am guessing they were afraid people might mess up the radios but it would have been really nice to get updates out like that and update your radio. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.