Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking to Buy a 2012 Malibu

8K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  hajilulung 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I've had a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am for nearly 3 years, and last week I totaled a 2003 Grand Am. Well 2008 to 2012 Malibus have really caught my eye and I took one for a test drive today. I really liked it and I hope to buy, if everything goes right with my insurance company. The dealership let me drive it home, and I loved every minute of it. 2012 with white exterior, tinted windows, black interior for $14,000 (pictured). The only thing I am a little hesitant about is the 60k miles in only 2 years. I also looked at another one, priced $1000 more and with 40k miles. This other car was also white with tinted windows, but it has a tan leather interior, sunroof, and remote start. It doesn't have the sexy wheels like the other one though, maybe they would switch them?

What do you Malibu owners think? For what it's worth, I'm leaning toward the second car, with the leather.

See less See more
#2 ·
what wheels were on the second one? I'd be surprised if it came loaded up with leather, remote start and a sunroof but steel wheels. I also like the wheels on the one pictures, but wheels would be easy to change at any time you wanted in the future., If you can talk them into swapping wheels even better, that just depends how bad they want to make a sale and what kind of dealer you're dealing with. Good luck with the purchase either way!

#6 ·
Well, just as a quick comparison. I bought my 2010 w/ 24K miles in January for just shy of 12K. I'd say if those have any type of warranty, just so you don't get a week down the road and then realize you have something that needs some fixing, then I'd say those prices seem within reason. I personally am not a fan of leather, but that second car sounds pretty nice. I really wish I had a sunroof and especially the remote start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.