Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Programming with tech 2

5K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  KW900A 
#1 ·
I work as a heavy truck and equipment mechanic, and our location is also a GM dealer, which means we have a tech 2. I've done some digging and have found info on enabling certain features with the tech 2. I'm wondering if anyone in the loop knows if all tech 2's are created equal, or if there are certain differences.

#3 ·
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe that it should work unless you need to have some kind of subscription to a sub-set of models. If your shop accesses heavy equipment with a GM subscription then the consumer-level cars and trucks may not be part of your subscription.

#4 ·
That was my thought also. I was reading on installing steering wheel mounted audio controls and found a walk through with the tech 2 on a g6 forum. I thought to myself 'could it really be that easy?' I'm not a big GM guy, so I'm not familiar with their way of doing things. I guess I'm about to learn.

#5 ·
Good news it seems to work, I just have to figure out the selections. It's a bit different from what I found online. I'd like to find some sort of navigation menu. I select the heading for cars, then pick my year. After that when logically you'd expect to pick a model it just has a bunch of letters, with subsequent break downs from there. A bit confusing but it's been a busy week trying to get end of month numbers to line up at work. Haven't had the time I'd hoped to play. Plus I forgot to bring it home for the weekend.

#7 ·
I'm in central western virginia. I'm still learning, 2 kids on the way and renovating one floor of my house has slowed me down in other areas haha. Where are you?

#9 ·
Where in NY? My father in laws family is in Croghan and we were there in January. If you were in Roanoke you went right by me haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.