Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

10' Bu-Bags, Chameleon Dip, Audio Revamp!

28K views 69 replies 10 participants last post by  DiamondMali 
#1 ·
For reasons I won't mention publicly on this site, I will be making the logical switch from all SKARbage audio to all Crescendo Audio.

12-(8")Neo Forte mids
8-FT1 tweets
3-Symphony 800.4's

The tweets and amp inserts will be custom matched to the plasti dip paint scheme of the car and the car will be undergoing a bag setup shortly after audio revamp and paint.

The setup will be run active on a Pioneer DEH80prs and should sound amazing! Dropping the car off with Epicenter Designs(who also did all the fiberglassing in the malibu) at Crescendo HQ this week to do some minor mods to fit all the new tweets and amps and within a week or 2 it should be playing!

So siked to finally have some real equipment in this malibu! :thumbsup:

Stay tuned!

Some of the Crescendo Neo Forte mids that will be going in the Malibu. The quality on these things completely destroys my old SKAR Pax8s. That and these Symphony amps are microscopic! It's crazy how much power these little midgets pack lol

See less See more
#41 ·
I didn't skimp on ANY aspect of this build so we ended up going with parker fittings

With the way we laid everything out we ended up keeping the glassed trunk...the compressors are hidden behind each side of the panel, out of sight.

5 gallon firestone tank with fittings attached ready to be drilled in.

5 gallon tank mounted in place. This will be getting dipped chameleon pearl to match wheels, amp inserts, etc.

This is a test fitment before we adjusted the camber to let the wheel tuck. We were curious if it could without camber. A big NO to that answer lol. It stopped on the fender car before it fully compressed. Way more travel to go!

#42 ·
Got donk?

Laid out...the rear tucks EXACTLY how I wanted it to. Between the wheel and tire stretch :) Got lucky on that lol.... It sits on the tire up front so still have some camber to adjust after I get an alignment.

I am beyond pleased with the look

Face up ass down

Rear fitment

Money shot

#44 ·
I won't know till it's playing bro. It sounded pretty decent with shitty skar audio subs so now that I have real subs (Incriminator Audio) it should crush the output it had before.

And the original owner lost all the specs on his old PC before he could tell me lol. I think it was closer to a 2:1 ration tuned at 50hz

#45 ·
GM Malibu SS Strut tower bar ordered :) as well as the RKS Sport front valance!

Show is in 28 days!!!! Time to grind!!!

#46 ·
Also just got my RK sport rear filler ordered today :)

Big things coming!!!!

#47 ·
RKsport front lip came in!! It's coming together!

New spray gun for my dip company came in too!

#48 ·
#50 ·
mine were drilled for 5x110 do they fit regardless but the front's didn't fit how they were supposed to so now I'm selling them.

I'm getting my hubs redrilled for 5x114. I can't figure out why chevy decided 5x110 was a good idea.....fail move.

#51 ·

#54 ·
Just picked up the new wheels yesterday! Old fitment didn't work out so I had to make some changes....Stock wheels don't even fit on this car with airbags lol. I had to use adapters from the back just to clear them. So glad I went with a lower offset so I won't have that issue on these.

20x9 on 225/35/20 up front and 20x10.5 on 255/35/20 in back. The wheels are vossen 086's and the tires are Falkens :)

In my possession now!

And a customer of mine did some photoshoppin and got them on my bagged malibu lol. Can't wait to get these re-drilled for 5x110 and mounted up! Went away from the "perfect fitment" where the fender sits in between my tire and wheel. It didn't allow me to air out as much as possible which got old so I decided to run no adapters and just get a wheel that will tuck.

Will be painting them satin black within the next week or so and then spraying the malibu

#55 ·
Just wanna warn everyone to NEVER buy from CarID.com or RKsport. I purchased my Rearl filler on September 2nd and missed 2 car shows waiting for it to get here on the 28th of september. I finally get it and it looks like Stevie Wonder pulled it from the mold. Looked AWFUL. So I sent it back a few days later with them telling me they had 52 in stock. 52 right? Well I get an email today stating because it took a week to resend my defective part they sold ALL of the ones on hold and now they won't get new stock still October 28th. LMAO. Sold 52 rear fillers? I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit....no way in hell 52 rear fillers were sold. Needless to say, now I'm waiting another 3-4 weeks for this POS company to send me my part.

I am beyond pissed to say the least

#56 ·
just make sure you don't forget about my beast ;)

#58 ·
I took my already hydrodipped engine cover, air filter cover, and plastics and sprayed them in my custom chameleon mix I'm using on my whole car. I only did 3 light coats to give it a subtle pop and still have the skull print visible through it.

After I put in the filter cover and engine cover I noticed some silver peeking through under the plastic in front. So I left it off and liquid wrapped it satin black. Nothing will be left silver on this car in 2 weeks so this had to be done anyways

Here is a before

During

After

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5h9G88RVaM

Can't wait to get my front lip put on, side skirts, rear filler and then full body lip kit....sooo excited lol

here is how she sits now without body kit/lip kit

#59 ·
woah how did you get the skulls to show like that is that a decal or something? Its looking nice so far. I have to wait a couple months to dip my malibu because of the snow. Keep us updated. Those black rims in the background look sick if you ever want to get rid of them let me know ill buy them off you!

#60 ·
Got all of my Crescendo FT1 tweeters sprayed :)

It's all coming together slowly..:thumbsup:

#61 ·
Finally got my baby sprayed :) I mixed 6 different pigments to get the overall flip I wanted and it came out way better than I hoped.

Vossens were sprayed Gangsta black, trim blacked out, roof blacked out, under hood pieces sprayed to color match, calipers in the matching color shift with gloss topcoats.

I also went through a rebrand with my company and announced it when I debuted the Malibu :) The new company name is The Auto Skin LLC. www.theautoskin.com! More to come from us out of central florida!

Reactions: murderedout11
#62 ·
guess this forum is finally dead lol

#63 ·
Why you say that? I read just about every post. If I were to comment on every one I'd be in triple digits!

#65 ·
Got some solid shots of the Bu the other day

#68 ·
Some shots from the Made of Steel show in Dover FL this weekend. Felt great having everyone come up to me asking about the "paint" job lol. Anyone that saw it thought it was vinyl or paint.....mission accomplished

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.