Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tire pressure

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dc2009 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what would cause my gauge for my tire pressure to all go to LR--LF--RF--RR--?

#4 ·
I have the same thing on my "Dic" center. This occurred after I used this Kent Moore Tool EL50448 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor. I have been to busy with family stuff and the car has been parked, so I cant be much help. As a side note I did have one sensor that was bad, or was not sending a signal before I attempted to reset. In short I never paid any attention to the "Dic" center anyway. I always checked the Tire pressures with a Gauge monthly.

#5 ·
Beuller? Beuller? ;)

When the TPMS sensors are not able to get the data to the IP you'll see dashes instead of PSI readings. The sensor signals are captured by a radio receiver tuned to their frequency, then sent to the BCM where they are interpreted into the numbers you see. If the receiver is off-line, or the sensors are not transmitting, then the BCM will not be able to generate numbers. Also, if the sensors have not been programmed to the car then they are "foreign" sensors and will not be allowed to provide data to the vehicle.

#6 ·
DUDE!

You have posted your question in 3 different threads. I deleted one post in a thread that was nearly 4 years old. (Yes, 4 YEARS!)

Then I found another thread that member langss replied to and merged that one with this one.

Please post any questions you have in one thread and not all over the place. You'll get folks to answer and you won't have to run around checking on all the breadcrumbs you've spilled on this site.

#7 ·
This is a long shot, but I have heard of this happening and it is the right time of the year.

I've heard of people who have purchased winter tires complete with rims and TPMS sensors. Then in the spring when they put the summer tires back on the vehicle, they forget to relearn the TPMS sensors so the vehicle is still looking for signals from the winter tires that are now in storage. Since they are out of range the DIC shows all --'s.

The same thing could happen in the fall when they put the winter tires back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.