Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OPT7 H10 LED Fog Lights

22K views 83 replies 13 participants last post by  dlbaker1179 
#1 ·
I thought I'd try some led fog lights! I looked at many and bought the OPT7 5000K Bright White.... Set was $32 off of amazon and they have a 1yr warranty... Just installed them tonight and haven't had much driving on them so far I think they are good for the price. Figured I show others what I got if they are looking at led fog lights.

See less See more
#4 ·
I mean, in a major metro area, what good are they at all.

Before I got the LED fogs ones, I never used mine...

#9 ·
I actually have been looking at those on eBay and have wondered what they looked like so thanks for posting! Are these the ones they call the plasma?

They look brighter than stock, so what is your impression of them versus stock? Any drawbacks to them that you have noticed?

I have been looking at the OPT7 lights for other parts of my car as well, but I also have looked at the VLED's, but dang those cost $$$$.

#12 ·
Ah, those are the better ones that just came out, found them on eBay for the same price too. I really like the look of them as I want to also do 5000k LED for my projector headlights.

Speaking of that, it appears that the DRL's use the low beam in the projector housing....do you know if that is the case?

#16 ·
RMA'd my Diode Dynamics L.E.D. fogs for the set twice as bright, see how that turns out. While waiting, I put the stock ones back in, looks funny with the HID's.

#18 · (Edited)
Got my new, brighter LED fogs in and installed, has like double the amount of LED's on it!!

Next to the old ones

Hard to tell during the day, night pics soon.
Stock ones on the left.

#19 ·
Forgot to say, they are the Diode Dynamics XP80 6000K LED Fogs. Loved the color and "instant on" of the first set I had from them, just wasn't bright enough.

#20 ·
Not even dark yet and I can already tell they are MUCH brighter than the first set, maybe even brighter than the stockers... Finally happy. LED headlights next??

#23 ·
On the ability to blind people? I mean outside of living in the woods on an unlit dirt road, why? There really is only so much light you can project off the front of your car without punishing other drivers...

#26 ·

#31 ·
LED headlights have been around for years. Lexus started using them in 06 in the ls400h, it's not exactly new news. Still, I'll take my tuned projectors over LED(factory) headlights everyday. They just don't have the width that great HID projectors have. And a large majority of the great HID projectors come from Stanley or Koito, which Japanese vehicles use. This is what my malibu drives with :)

#32 · (Edited)
LED headlights have been around for years. Lexus started using them in 06 in the ls400h, it's not exactly new news. Still, I'll take my tuned projectors over LED(factory) headlights everyday. They just don't have the width that great HID projectors have. And a large majority of the great HID projectors come from Stanley or Koito, which Japanese vehicles use. This is what my malibu drives with

Looks good, stock bulbs or HID's?

#33 ·
Got me all curious how my light spread looked now, took pics with and without fogs on

Off...

#35 ·

#37 ·
I mean, when I look at it, it come across like this... I've seen some bad ones with a ton of glare, but usually when HID's are put in normal housings, not usually when in projector housings.

#39 ·
#45 ·
I ordered the OPT7 H10 LED fog lights and can't wait to see what they look like. Now I'm thinking about getting the OPT7 H11 LED FluxBeam headlight set. Just curious if anyone has installed these and how they look?]
I think you may have issues installing these because of the fan with the H11 and H7. The headlights in the Malibu have caps on them to keep dust and water out and with these lights you cannot use those caps any longer (and the fans can wear out and I have read others saying they can be noisy).
Here is what I used for my 2014, and everything fits inside the housing under the caps and keeps everything nice and neat.

http://www.xenondepot.com/led-headlight-bulbs-s/240.htm

I actually ordered the H10 for the fogs as well, just have not installed those yet, but the headlights and high beams are great!

#51 ·
Mine are still on the way! Gonna take pics with 1 XP80 fog from Diode Dynamics (at $90/pr) and 1 from these $30/pr. See the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.