Pioneer system not loud enough? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
jmz768
CMF Senior Member
2013 2.5 LT
Silver

Gallery: 0
Default Pioneer system not loud enough?

I just picked up a 13 Malibu yesterday and one of the must have options for me was the upgraded audio system as I like to rock out from time to time. While the system sounds pretty good, it's nowhere near as loud as it should be in my opinion. My previous vehicle also had a "premium" factory system and was much louder than this one.

Anybody else with the premium system notice the same thing?
jmz768 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Default Re: Pioneer system not loud enough?

Yea someone else posted about this a while back. Never came back with a solution or what happened with the dealer.
If you find something out please come back and tell everyone.

Edi: Ok I see you found that other thread.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint

Last edited by nutcrunch; 10-30-2012 at 11:33 PM.
nutcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Craig559
CMF Rookie Member
2013 Malibu Eco
diamond tri coat

Angry Re: Pioneer system not loud enough?

I never did get a reply from Jay at customer service or the private email I sent to Michelle. I just assumed they had no answers. I am still disappointed in the volume of the radio, but what am I supposed to do? I am hoping it is just not myself and have been waiting to see.
Craig559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
cybirdy
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 2LT
Taupe Gray

What do you consider "not loud enough"? Sound levels can be very subjective from person to person and certainly under various environments / operating conditions. Just trying to find some objective measures to check against so that I can report back findings. IMO, the Pioneer system in my 'Bu is more than adequate, as I rarely find the need to crank the volume much past 20 even at highway speeds (especially when the bass is pumping!).

Guess I'm looking for something to compare against your opinion.
cybirdy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage

I wish the Gen7 had a number to indicate the volume level...

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
jmz768
CMF Senior Member
2013 2.5 LT
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybirdy View Post
What do you consider "not loud enough"? Sound levels can be very subjective from person to person and certainly under various environments / operating conditions. Just trying to find some objective measures to check against so that I can report back findings. IMO, the Pioneer system in my 'Bu is more than adequate, as I rarely find the need to crank the volume much past 20 even at highway speeds (especially when the bass is pumping!).

Guess I'm looking for something to compare against your opinion.
Like I was saying, I like to rock out, meaning that I like it loud. My 2006 Impala had the Bose system and it was great. This Pioneer system is garbage in comparison. Not saying that I expect this system to be the same as the Bose, but there's just no way the max volume on this Pioneer system shouldn't be louder.

What's funny is that I was using Pandora today and the volume I'm able to achieve with it is much louder than when using the radio or XM. There's definitely something wrong with the way this system works.
jmz768 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz768 View Post
I just picked up a 13 Malibu yesterday and one of the must have options for me was the upgraded audio system as I like to rock out from time to time. While the system sounds pretty good, it's nowhere near as loud as it should be in my opinion. My previous vehicle also had a "premium" factory system and was much louder than this one.

Anybody else with the premium system notice the same thing?
That's so funny you mentioned this. My Malibu had the Bose Radio and it was super loud. I'm personally a fan of the GM Bose Radios. My new Cruze has the Pioneer sound system and that was the first thing I noticed. I really have to crank up the volume knob to get some good volume. I see there are different equalization options for different types of music, so maybe choosing one of them will increase the volume.

I personally liked the Bose Radio a lot more. I felt there was more Clarity, Depth, and Bass. Not sure why Chevy went away from Bose.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.