Sirius XM Radio/Renewal - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
douglas92000
CMF Senior Member

Gallery: 0
Default Sirius XM Radio/Renewal

Anyone have any advice on obtaining the best rate on Sirius XM renewal. Last year got a year for $107....Doubt i will be that lucky this year. Thanks
douglas92000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Silenze
CMF Senior Member
2012 Malibu 1LT
Silver / Titanium

Default Re: Sirius XM Radio/Renewal

call them up. say your going to cancel. then they will offer you low rates. keep talking them down to a price you are comfortable paying.

-SiLenZe- Mods: cabin air filter
Silenze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Bren5666
CMF Junior Member
2012 Malibu 1LT
Gold Mist Metallic

Garage

If you don't mind being without it a couple months, just let it run out. They'll start contacting you and the offers wil keep getting better. I let it drop for 3 months last year for my Ranger and ended up paying around $80 for a year.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Seadog69
CMF Senior Member

Just as my free trial was running out they offered me 5 months at $5 dollars a month. I sent a CHECK to them for it.

Never pay with a debit or credit card number as they have been known keep your number and then automatically renew the contract at a higher price without the permission of the customer.

There is a $2 handling fee to pay by check, but what is another $2?
Seadog69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
langss
CMF Junior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Black Granite Meta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog69 View Post
Just as my free trial was running out they offered me 5 months at $5 dollars a month. I sent a CHECK to them for it.

Never pay with a debit or credit card number as they have been known keep your number and then automatically renew the contract at a higher price without the permission of the customer.

There is a $2 handling fee to pay by check, but what is another $2?
I dropped my service over a year ago, and I get offers and phone calls from them all the time. They tried to "Auto" renew on me but fortunately the credit card I used had expired. You are 100% correct.
langss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Trippejoe
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 1LT
Silver

Gallery: 2

Just called to cancel my service and they offer me $86.00 plus tax and music fees came to $94.63 so i took it for another year. The auto renewal was going to be $175 which is totally ridiculous.
Trippejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

I agree the regular price is outrageous. $100 a year is alright but still would be nice to be lower.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
montara24d
CMF Rookie Member
2011 Malibu 2LT
RED JEWEL TINTCOAT

I let mine expire, three months later they sent a card offering 6 months for $25. I took it, the hook is if I don't call at the end of the 6 months to turn it off, or try & make a new deal, it will renew at $14.95 a month & they will charge the credit card for two years. Seadog69 was on the ball paying with a check. There "policy" is to auto renew, without contacting you.
montara24d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Well mine is due and they still haven't sent me a bill. I went into a chat with them last week asking where my bill is and they said that I could pay online I told them I don't want to and that is why I asked to be billed and why they charged me $2. She finally said they will send it later.
I still haven't got the bill and it is due 6 days from today. Stupid. The paid subscription started 11/18/12 and I should have got a bill before then.

I do see online where it says you can make a one time payment using a card and you won't be charged in the future with it. I would do that if they wouldn't have already charged me $2 for the billing option. I guess I'll have to give them a call and ask for the $2 charge to be removed. I know it's only $2 but it pisses me off anymore that places of business can't just do what they are paid to do. Send me my bill with enough time to pay the damn thing and we won't have this problem.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
GerryG
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

I was wondering what I should do about my XM trial which is up in a couple weeks so I guess I will let it run out and see what they offer. I never had XM and like it enough I think I will keep it.
GerryG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.