Only had the LTZ for a day but here is the inital comparison of the two since i owned the eco (loaded) and Traded it for the LTZ.
1. The stereo functionality is completely different my eco had NAV and so does the LTZ. But most menu items are different. If there is an SD card with Maps on the LTZ, it's in a different location than the ECO.
2. Love the push start in the LTZ, had it in my Cruze.
3. The suspension seems to be stiffer and more responsive.
4. The power difference is night and day. I'd rather have it and not need need it, then need it and not have it. Loving it!
5. I put roughly 45 miles on her yesterday, the DIC Average mpg is 24.9 Haven't hammered the throttle yet. I choose to use 91 octane (for future mods), first one was on the dealer.
6. Rear back up camera appears to be different, eco was clearer. In all fairness I have yet to see if there is any enhancement software features.
7. The LTZ LEDs are way sexy, also love the 19" rims.
8. I hear more road noise in the LTZ, I'm thinking that is because of the tire difference. LTZ has 19 low profile tires.
9. Cant recall if my eco had HID lighting, but I'm pleased with LTZ night time visibility.
10. The Front grill on the LTZ is a silver/gray color, eco was black. Not sure which one I like better. i do know that I absolutely hate the Mattel size bowtie on the front. I'm Hoping an aftermarket Co. will make and insert so I can get it removed.
11. Same observation I had on the eco, the back seat leg room is terrible. 95% of the time I have no passengers, but damn.
12. I have a spare now instead of a can of fix a flat and the trunk space is huge in comparison.
I wonder if your camera lens is dirty if it isn't as clear.
The Eco is not available with HID.
I believe all LTZ Malibus have came with silver grills while the non LTZ had black. A couple of people on here have put a vinyl overlay or painted their bowtie the same color as their car to make it stand out less.
Nutcrunch thanks for pionting the signals out, I knew it had them but since I can't see them when I'm driving I failed to mention them.
No the lens is not dirt, and it doesnt have a scratch plastic protector on it. I also checked the set up today, the manual say's there is diaganol direction for the camera. The feature is not avalable in setup, per the manual. Hmmm.
I have some carbon fiber (vinyl) white diamond in color, I may brake out the ezacto knife and cover the bowties .
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.