opening headlight assembly - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Kreachur
CMF Junior Member
2007 Malibu ls
dark gray

Gallery: 0
Garage
Post opening headlight assembly

hey guys, today i was trying to open my headlight assembly on my 6th generation Malibu so i could paint the chrome black and measure the opening for future references (to see what type of shroud would fit if i wanted to retrofit projectors) but i couldn't get the lens off to save my life! i tried everything, i heated it up twice and it wouldn't budge. I was wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded to take apart these headlights and if so if you could help me because i just couldn't get it. I've done other friends headlights and i never had this much trouble getting them apart so if anyone knows how to do this please help me out! because i must be missing something.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
mdufficy
CMF Senior Member
2003 Malibu LS

Default Re: opening headlight assembly

If with 245 for 10 minutes doesnt work gonna bet they are permaseal. I'm not sure if you know what that means but it takes a while to crack them then. It is possible. Check out hidplanet.com. They talk about opening permaseal and how long at what temperature
mdufficy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Kreachur
CMF Junior Member
2007 Malibu ls
dark gray

Garage
Default Re: opening headlight assembly

ok awesome! thank you very much. it's probably what it is because it wouldn't budge at all and i had it in the oven at 265 for 12min
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.