question about a recall notice - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
dvljet
CMF Junior Member
1999 Malibu
sea green

Gallery: 0
Default question about a recall notice

Hi
Maybe some one here might know what is the recall notice Gm sent out in November . Why I ask is my dad has a 2009 Malibu 4 door he got some recall notice that told him their maybe a problem with the transmission or something and to wait till January or feb to get it checked and fixed . My dad is in his 80s and uses the car daily I just worry about his safety and I wonder why Gm would tell their customers it can wait till jan or feb yet you mail the recall out in November . Btw the car is from Gm Canada at least the recall is . Does the recall also affect the Americans or is it 2 Separate company's . If any knows about the recall or if its a safety issue let me know
dvljet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Gorgarath
CMF Rookie Member
2010 Malibu LS
Gold Mist Metallic

Default Re: question about a recall notice

I don't know what the recall might have been, but you can search at GM's site for recalls specific to the VIN.
Gorgarath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
slls
CMF Senior Member

Needed time to make parts, there in now, had my 09 G6 done, same car. It's to secure transmission cable from coming loose.
slls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
dvljet
CMF Junior Member
1999 Malibu
sea green

Slls
Thank you for letting me know what it was for . I really appreciate the info because my dad is the kind of person to say if its not urgent it can wait but I on the other hand think when it comes to recalls its for safety reasons not because someone just wants to type a letter . Slls how long did it take for them to fix it was it more then an hour or less .
dvljet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
slls
CMF Senior Member

About 1 hr. They did the free 27 point inspection to trying to find something wrong, not this time.
slls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc
Verified Chevy Representatives

Dvljet, have you had the opportunity to talk to GM of Canada representatives regarding your concern? If you would ever like to follow up with GM of Canada agents, their phone number and online communication means can be found at http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview.

Best,

Katie (Assisting Michelle), Chevrolet Customer Service

Available Monday-Friday

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.