Problems with Mylink Radio - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
DarkMali08
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu LTZ
CARBON BLACK MET

Gallery: 0
Default Problems with Mylink Radio

I love the Mylink setup in my car but lately I've been having issues when connecting my iPod and also pandora

Sometimes it won't play the song, it pauses on its own and won't play once it does and the thing it does most now is shows its playing the song but no sound comes out.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Do you know if the dealer can update or reflash the radio?
DarkMali08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Default Re: Problems with Mylink Radio

Yes I have had that happen with blue tooth audio.
I even have a brand new blue tooth Kenwood stereo in my truck and that has happened in it too.

Don't use Pandora a lot but when I did that didn't happen with it.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
nutcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
adamklo
CMF Junior Member
2013 Malibu 1LT
Black Granite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMali08 View Post
I love the Mylink setup in my car but lately I've been having issues when connecting my iPod and also pandora

Sometimes it won't play the song, it pauses on its own and won't play once it does and the thing it does most now is shows its playing the song but no sound comes out.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this? Do you know if the dealer can update or reflash the radio?
Many of my issues surrounding streaming BT (Google Play, Pandora, etc.) were that my device wasn't streaming very well and I would get the same thing. I don't think it's necessarily a MyLink issue, could just device (YOUR device) connectivity. Though, it still doesn't recognize my 12K+ songs on my iPod.
adamklo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
chevyorange
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Grey Metallic Taup

Send a message via MSN to chevyorange Send a message via Yahoo to chevyorange Send a message via Skype™ to chevyorange

I've lost count on glitches. But I'm willing to give em a chance with software updates.

I could totally see modifying it with an iPad mini w/4g. All my music, turn by turn directions and all free minus data. Still cheaper than XM/OnStar subscription.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #5
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

How much a month is the 4G for the ipad?
For directions get a Garmin GPS with lifetime maps and traffic. Pay once and be done, no monthly charges.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Old 06-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
chevyorange
CMF Veteran Member
2013 Malibu Eco 2SA
Grey Metallic Taup

Send a message via MSN to chevyorange Send a message via Yahoo to chevyorange Send a message via Skype™ to chevyorange

I believe it's 20/mo and that with LTE.

This is a dream, I'm not going out, buying an iPad to make as a head ... Yet.

I just use my smartphone over Bluetooth. It has LTE (blistering speed!) as I have unlimited data. It does what MyLink does and more. The only reason the iPad mini looks good is that it has LTE and would be the ultimate killer app and it'd fit properly over they link screen so hopefully there'd be very little hacking and MyLink would be useable still.

I have all my music on it, Spotify, voice recognition every bit as good and probably better than MyLink.

Maps, google earth, tune in radio, etc etc.

Of course my iPhone 5 has all of this and I've taken to using it with Bluetooth as it is as all sounds and apps on the phone work perfectly, including the maps apps of which thre are many. Apples in-built, a very good Google Maps, Intrix (it's amazing if you look it up it gives ya drive times, best time to leave based on congestion and police, accidents on route, and events near by that one may wish to avoid.

Again this is all available on most smartphones and all iPhones and I'm already paying for unlimited everything including data for my iPhone. The mini iPad would just be slick.

Oh, I also love the free app Glympse.

Anyway. I was only thinking. Unless when I take my car in they fix a few things with an update to MyLink.

Just a-dreamin.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
2013 LTZ
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 2LTZ
Atlantis Blue

The first problem with MyLink is that it's Panasonic (Junk), nothing good has ever came from that name.
2013 LTZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
stoopid
CMF Senior Member
2013 Malibu 1LT
Silver

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=12562
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
Cecilia
CMF Rookie Member

Hello, I have a 2014 Traverse and wanted to set up Pandora on it. However there is no Pandora icon on the mylink home screen. Do I really need to take it to the dealership and have it updated or is there a way to reset it yourself? Thank you.
Cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
nutcrunch
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

You did scroll through the home screens right? Did you see the Pandora app but it was just greyed out?
What kind of phone do you have? You need to have the Pandora app on your phone, that is actually what is connecting to Pandora via the internet. If you have an iphone you need to plug it into the vehicle in order for the Pandora app button to be active. If you have an Android phone you can do it via Bluetooth.

White Diamond Tricoat
50/35 tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.