Anyone know how to program keyless remote entry? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Snow White LS
CMF Junior Member

Gallery: 5
Default Anyone know how to program keyless remote entry?

I happen to come across a few new keyless entry remotes at work and wanna know how to program it for my Malibu. Anyone done this or know how to do it without spending a fortune at the stealership?
LT1 Hub caps swapped
Chrome Pillars
and much more to come...
Snow White LS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
doubled50
CMF Rookie Member

Gallery: 0
Default Re: Anyone know how to program keyless remote entry?

I'm also interested in this for my 05 Malibu LS. I got 2 new key FOB's with the auto start from my buddy who had an 07 Impala that was totalled.
doubled50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
dmw2692004
CMF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubled50 View Post
I'm also interested in this for my 05 Malibu LS. I got 2 new key FOB's with the auto start from my buddy who had an 07 Impala that was totalled.
if your car does not have the remote start module then you cant just have a FOB with the button and have the remote start work.

I believe if you look in your manual under "Keys" there is a second on reprogramming the key fob.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Malibu Glow
CMF Senior Member

Better check with the dealer, anything after 97 requires the dealer to program a key fob. On 97 and before there's supposed to be a wire connector in the trunk and the manual shows a procedure to program a key fob.

Unless the key fob is meant for your year car it won't work, besides the car must have come equipped with the keyless entry feature from the factory. Check with the dealer to see if your car was equipped with this feature.
Malibu Glow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
doubled50
CMF Rookie Member

Well the key fob I got with my 05 Bu and the 2 he gave me from his totalled 07 Impala look Identical. We both had remote start and all that. I am working on finding a hook up cuz $60 is RIDICULOUS, don't these yahoo dealers realize we're in a recession??? Who were the jerk engineers that made it so only the 3k programmer would do it??? OK I'm done venting.
doubled50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Malibu Glow
CMF Senior Member

AS I said you better check with the dealer cause it doesn't always mean that something from a newer car will work with an older one! And still it need to be PROGRAMMED to the cars PCM/ECU.
Malibu Glow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.