HIDs in Malibu MAXX 2005 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
ectar
CMF Senior Member
2005 Maxx LS
Midnight blue

Gallery: 0
Send a message via ICQ to ectar Send a message via AIM to ectar Send a message via MSN to ectar Send a message via Yahoo to ectar Send a message via Skype™ to ectar
Default HIDs in Malibu MAXX 2005

I want to put HIDs into my car, why not happy with brightness of stock.

But I have concern over blinding other ppl with glare... please advise me if such modification possible... if yes what should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
ChevyFreak
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Imperial Blue

Gallery: 14
Send a message via AIM to ChevyFreak
Default Re: HIDs in Malibu MAXX 2005

It's possible but you would have to do much more work then just simply swaping in a plug and play kit. I don't know the malibu aftermarket support but your options are retro fit a stock setup form another car into the stock light housing. There is also if available buying a projector headlight housing and going from there. I had HID in my stock housings on my Silverado and it was pretty bad for blinding people. I had to turn my lights down to the ground quite a bit but also it was lifted 13 inches so that didn't help with blinding people either. I do not recommend using a plug an play kit but if you do decide to go that route try ddmtuning.com they have kits that are only 40 dollars for the raptor kit. I would suggest getting the relay kit to draw power from the battery though.

2010 Malibu Imperial Blue Metallic
2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 Lifted Tan - Sold
2002 Cavalier LS Yellow - Sold
COMING SOON -- http://www.gmepsilon.com/ -- COMING SOON
ChevyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
Macleod52
CMF Senior Member

Retrofit a set of OEM projectors into your stock housing. Not only will you be able to use quality OEM bulbs, but you'll have no hot spots on the road (unlike with a kit), have a better beam pattern, and not have to worry about blinding others. Try going to www.hidplanet.com

Capitalization & punctuation is the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."
Macleod52 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
ectar
CMF Senior Member
2005 Maxx LS
Midnight blue

Send a message via ICQ to ectar Send a message via AIM to ectar Send a message via MSN to ectar Send a message via Yahoo to ectar Send a message via Skype™ to ectar

Thank you for reply! But I cannot understand what product will fit Maliby MAXX with H11... unless I will ask them specifically.... plus a lot of their products discontinued!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
golly
CMF Rookie Member

Not happy with stock brightness? I am very happy with the brightness in our 05 Maxx. It's way brighter than our 2000 Silhouette.
golly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.