Hard start after sitting in sun - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
SirFency
CMF Rookie Member
1999 Malibu

Gallery: 0
Default Hard start after sitting in sun

I have a very bizzar issue. My car seems to start hard after sitting in the hot sun. When I start the car up when its cool outside it fires right up. After driving the car and the engine heats up to running temp I can shut it off and it seems to fire up just fine after a couple minutes but it seems like sitting in the sun makes it start hard. I'm really scratching my head on this one. Somtimes after driving for a while and letting it sit for around ten minuets or so it starts hard as well. I did some research and saw alot about vapor lock however I have a fuel injection system and I guesse its rare to happen on this system. What are some of the things that I should check? I thought it could be the air intake sensor but I dont get a check engine light. I just did a compleate tune up including Plugs, wires, fuel filter, injectors cleaned, oil change (synthetic) and and air filter. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
SirFency is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.