Bluetooth - A2DP compliant - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
it_frg
CMF Rookie Member

Gallery: 0
Default Bluetooth - A2DP compliant

I am looking to stream audio from my laptop to the Malibu Radio using a Bluetooth - A2DP compliant transmitter. Does anyone know if I can pair this device with my radio? Will it work? Has anyone had success?

THanks
it_frg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
DrivenDaily
Administrator
2011 3.6/ A6 LTZ
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 6
Garage
Default Re: Bluetooth - A2DP compliant

If the A2DP has a stereo aux. output jack that plugs into the aux. input on the face of the radio then it'll work.

If your radio has a PAL then someone else will need to answer.

I have a Sirius portable radio tuner that has the stereo output. I just plugged in a cord and the radio automatically recognized that it had an aux input and switched it to that.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 AM   #3
GadgetGuy1981
CMF Junior Member
2010 Malibu LTZ
Taupe Gray

Send a message via ICQ to GadgetGuy1981 Send a message via AIM to GadgetGuy1981 Send a message via MSN to GadgetGuy1981 Send a message via Yahoo to GadgetGuy1981

The built-in bluetooth radio on the head unit of our 'Bu's does not have an "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile" (A2DP) compliant software stack, so its not possible with the factory bluetooth radio.

The second point, to Driven's, is even if you used a USB bluetooth adapter with A2DP capability in the USB port of your HU, it wouldn't work, as the HU has no driver for an external bluetooth radio.

I recommend using the 3.5mm AUX connection to your laptop's headphone port, but you're going to need to control your audio from the laptop, as there is no USB interface for audio controls with iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. that the Malibu could understand.

Oh, and the NHTSA would like me to remind you that operating a mobile device (especially a laptop) while driving a car would be very hazardous and should not be attempted. I assume if you want your laptop's audio in the car, that someone else is driving while you "drive" the laptop?

Past Vehicles:
2011 Chevy Malibu LTZ - Couldn't stop leakin' and shakin'
2008 Chevy Equinox LTZ
2008 Suzuki XL7 Limited
2005 Pontiac G6 GT
2004 Buick Rainier CXL
2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS2
2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS2 (RIP)
GadgetGuy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
trotter456@msn.com
CMF Junior Member
2009 Malibu 2LT
Silver

So I think if you have GM Pal or the PAC Ipod adapter installed in your BU then you can add this adapter for only $17 (retails as high as $99 on web) that connects to the ipod plug and allows virtually any bluetooth phone to pair and transmit high quality audio to the stock head unit. This creates a A2DP link to any ipod compatible dock. I just ordered one to add to my PAC adapter and transmit my blackberry and iphone 4 through bluetooth. I will update this link after I successfully install and pair. see link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Last edited by trotter456@msn.com; 07-01-2010 at 06:07 PM.
trotter456@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
kgmallory
CMF Rookie Member
2005 Malibu LS
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter456@msn.com View Post
So I think if you have GM Pal or the PAC Ipod adapter installed in your BU then you can add this adapter for only $17 (retails as high as $99 on web) that connects to the ipod plug and allows virtually any bluetooth phone to pair and transmit high quality audio to the stock head unit. This creates a A2DP link to any ipod compatible dock. I just ordered one to add to my PAC adapter and transmit my blackberry and iphone 4 through bluetooth. I will update this link after I successfully install and pair. see link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
This device would be perfect if it had a microphone to allow phone calls. Anyone know of a bluetooth audio gateway that has a microphone? Basically, something with a RCA or 3.5MM audio output that can connect to an aux input, and supports both A2DP and Handsfree bluetooth services?
kgmallory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Mike7143
CMF Junior Member
2008 Malibu 2LT
Gld/Pwtr Metallic

http://store.griffintechnology.com/bluetrip-aux

Sorry I'm so late.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.