Reset homelink and bluetooth? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

ChevyMalibuForum.com is the premier Chevrolet Malibu Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
ChevyFreak
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Imperial Blue

Gallery: 14
Send a message via AIM to ChevyFreak
Default Reset homelink and bluetooth?

Not sure this is in the right area but here it goes. I am trading my car in for the lemon law on Tuesday and I am wondering how do I clear the garage door opener buttons and the phone bluetooth? Thanks

2010 Malibu Imperial Blue Metallic
2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 Lifted Tan - Sold
2002 Cavalier LS Yellow - Sold
COMING SOON -- http://www.gmepsilon.com/ -- COMING SOON
ChevyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Silver LTZ
CMF Honorary Member

Gallery: 3
Default Re: Reset homelink and bluetooth?

If I remember right, for the Homelink just hold all three buttons down for like 20 seconds.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
ChevyFreak
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Imperial Blue

Thanks, I actually found it in the owners manual right after I posted this. Some how I missed it the first few times I skimmed it.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyFreak View Post
Not sure this is in the right area but here it goes. I am trading my car in for the lemon law on Tuesday and I am wondering how do I clear the garage door opener buttons and the phone bluetooth? Thanks
The instructions for deleting paired phones is on page 4-75 of the owners manual. Just hold the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready. Say Bluetooth. After you hear Bluetooth Ready, say delete. It will prompt you for the phone(s) to delete.

Remember to delete all your stored phone numbers as well. (See page 4-78) To do this, press the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready, then say "Delete All Nametags". The system will ask for a confirmation before they are deleted.

Are you getting another Malibu? FYI - If you're getting a 2011, you won't be able to get homelink. It was discontinued for 2011.

What was the problem with your current model?
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
ChevyFreak
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The instructions for deleting paired phones is on page 4-75 of the owners manual. Just hold the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready. Say Bluetooth. After you hear Bluetooth Ready, say delete. It will prompt you for the phone(s) to delete.

Remember to delete all your stored phone numbers as well. (See page 4-78) To do this, press the phone button on the steering wheel until you hear ready, then say "Delete All Nametags". The system will ask for a confirmation before they are deleted.

Are you getting another Malibu? FYI - If you're getting a 2011, you won't be able to get homelink. It was discontinued for 2011.

What was the problem with your current model?
Thanks

The issue with the old one was that the headliner rattled so bad that it sounded like it was falling apart. Started doing it the day after we bought it. Now almost a year later we are going to have to pay 1400 for using the car while they pissed around trying to fix it.

We are getting another 2010 got pics up and a post on it already.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyFreak View Post
Thanks

The issue with the old one was that the headliner rattled so bad that it sounded like it was falling apart. Started doing it the day after we bought it. Now almost a year later we are going to have to pay 1400 for using the car while they pissed around trying to fix it.

We are getting another 2010 got pics up and a post on it already.
Well congrats on the new Malibu. I guess it's good you're getting a '10 as homelink was deleted for '11 (it sounds like you use it).

A headliner problem sounds like it would be a simple fix. With all the complexities of modern cars and all the things that could go wrong, it's amazing that something as trivial as a rattling headliner would be a problem that they couldn't get right.

Good luck with your new {Mali} 'Bu.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
ChevyFreak
CMF Senior Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Well congrats on the new Malibu. I guess it's good you're getting a '10 as homelink was deleted for '11 (it sounds like you use it).

A headliner problem sounds like it would be a simple fix. With all the complexities of modern cars and all the things that could go wrong, it's amazing that something as trivial as a rattling headliner would be a problem that they couldn't get right.

Good luck with your new {Mali} 'Bu.
Yeah you would think that they could have fixed it but they replaced everything at least twice and nothing touched it. If anything it made it worse.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
teddy
CMF Rookie Member
2009 Malibu LTZ
BLACK

Hi. On my 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ, the bluetooth function is now OFF - when I hold the button down for 2 seconds or more, it does not come on saying READY - it just turn the radio OFF. At the same time, the ONSTAR function is gone - I called them twice to send me a signal to open the doors (for I forgot the keys in the trunk), and they couldn't open it, saying the vehicle doesn't respond. I suspect the ONSTAR and BLUETOOTH are connected, but not sure how. and certainly I don't know how to fix it. Any idea? I am off the original manufacturer warranty, but I bought extended warranty with another company (for 100,000 miles). Not sure they cover the bluetooth and onstar. The onstar subscription is still ON until February 2011.
Can you help, please?
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
Silver LTZ
CMF Honorary Member

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Hi. On my 2009 Chevy Malibu LTZ, the bluetooth function is now OFF - when I hold the button down for 2 seconds or more, it does not come on saying READY - it just turn the radio OFF. At the same time, the ONSTAR function is gone - I called them twice to send me a signal to open the doors (for I forgot the keys in the trunk), and they couldn't open it, saying the vehicle doesn't respond. I suspect the ONSTAR and BLUETOOTH are connected, but not sure how. and certainly I don't know how to fix it. Any idea? I am off the original manufacturer warranty, but I bought extended warranty with another company (for 100,000 miles). Not sure they cover the bluetooth and onstar. The onstar subscription is still ON until February 2011.
Can you help, please?
There is a TSB for the Bluetooth, you might need that. I would stop at your dealership.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
Richard
CMF Veteran Member
2010 Malibu 2LT
Red Jewel Tintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Can you help, please?
Did you try other Onstar Functions - making a handsfree call, contacting Onstar, etc. If that works, your Onstar Module is okay. Did you use Bluetooth in the past? Did it work okay? In any case, I would contact an Onstar representative first. Try contacting them from the car using the blue Onstar button. They will be able to run diagnostics while you're in contact with them. If the button doesn't work, you can call them at 1-800-4Onstar. They may be able to determine what the problem is. If they can't, try calling the company that you bought the warranty from and see if this is covered.

After you try these suggestions, your only other option is to go to the dealer.

One last possibility - If you were never able to access Bluetooth, it's possible you just don't have it. Bluetooth became available during the 2009 model year. It's possible that you have an early 2009 that may not have the upgraded Onstar Module with Bluetooth capability. An Onstar Representative would be able to determine that for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.